What's new
What's new

3/4" T Slot Bolts, T Nuts, Studs, Couplers, Flanged Nuts etc. Near Philadelphia

JRock1000

Aluminum
I have a bunch of USA made 3/4" Forged T Slot Bolts (2" - 1'), Trays and trays of Studs (2" - 2'), Flanged Nuts, T Nuts, Couplers.
They don't fit any machines I have. Most of them came from a shop running a Devlieg Spiramatic JigMill.
I'd be happy with $200 for the lot? I'm just making that up. That just helps pay for some of the other stuff they came bundled with.
Make me an offer.
I prefer not to ship, but if you really want'em I could. Just gotta be on your dime and add $100 for my time packing them up.
Just trying to avoid the hassle of Parting them out and dealing with ebay.

Attachments

• P1080325.jpg
    P1080325.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 195
  • P1080327.jpg
    P1080327.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 229
  • P1080328.jpg
    P1080328.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 202
  • P1080329.jpg
    P1080329.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 186
  • P1080335.jpg
    P1080335.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 182
Got more photos :)

Attachments

• P1080342.jpg
    P1080342.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 147
  • P1080333.jpg
    P1080333.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 179
  • P1080344.jpg
    P1080344.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 150
  • P1080337.jpg
    P1080337.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 119
  • P1080339.jpg
    P1080339.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 115
Is my price off?

IMHO, price is on the higher end of a product that has limited audience in the used market (the size rules out the hobbyist, Bridgeport crowd) but it's not insane. The $100 fee to pack & ship rules out anybody that isn't local to you. As listed you're selling to a VERY limited market. Get rid of the $100 fee to pack them up and ship, absorb the time/materials to pack and ship as the cost of doing business just like everybody else, and you may get a bit more interest.

I was interested right up until I saw that and the only reason I kept reading was to see if anybody had mentioned that as the deal-killer.

Packing and shipping isn't too difficult. Heck, if I were buying them, and you wanted to avoid a trip to the post-office, I'd even be willing to generate the label for you, and you would just have to stick it on the box and set it out for the mail lady. Looks like most of that stuff will fit in a USPS Large Flat Rate Box (USPS provides them free, they'll even ship 'em to your house for free). Get some fiber-reinforced tape, wrap all the corners of the box up real good, dump it in, and stick a label on it. That stuff can't get too banged up in transit, the biggest risk is having it escape the box which is what the fiber tape is for. IMHO, if you want to charge for packing & handling $5 is reasonable, $10 is starting to push the envelope of what most are willing to pay.

Add to what Country Boy said and your price is going to get compared to a brand new Harbor Freight grade Chinese set that comes in a rack. That is just fact of life.

Appreciate the feedback.
Yeah, that's what I was figuring.
It's a good deal for a functioning machine shop.
No piecing it together, searching and waiting. No wasting time.
I'm not trying to gouge anyone, just pass on good tooling that I can't use.
The size isn't the concern (except for the longer 2' studs, but there's only a few of those, the weight is the main constraint.
This stuff is heavy.
How about - Everything I can fit in 2 Medium Flat Rate boxes (1 Top loading and 1 Side loading), which should be just about everything in the photos, for $230 shipped?

I've got a whole mess of large (between 3" - 8") Armstrong, Danly, and Vulcan Strap and Gooseneck clamps that I haven't sorted yet too.
Just gotta find the time to compile and photograph them.

I would be interested..

Can you get me the dimensions of the T end of the bolts? I have a large planer and could possibly use these..

I'm also interested in the clamps and straps.

The flat rate boxes will not work. You will have to make a plywood box to put inside the flat rate box or it will be just a mess when it arrives.

I'll PM you my phone number.

Caliper measurements in the photos, so double check.
T Slot Bolts are 1.25"W, bottom step is .46"H, and the slot width is .765"
I agree that throwing them in a FRB and taping the heck out of it is a recipe for loose bolts and studs to get scattered throughout the USPS depots across the country. But proper crating will take a few hours.
I can package separately and double box all the little stuff and get that in to a FRB, and that should be fine.
I could even respectably get the medium length Bolts and studs double boxed boxed and secured in a FRB.
That just leaves the longer stuff (over 12").
USPS charges an arm and a leg for proprietary boxing, especially when you start putting a little weight in to it.
UPS or FedEx might be better for that.

I was thinking more along the lines of you putting them in a wood box, or somehow getting them on a pallet and taking it to a Fastenal store for shipping. They will ship it on one of their trucks to a Fastenal store near me... Bolts , nuts and clamps... The whole shebang :)

Ha, you mean like Professional to Professional :)
I'll dig through the clamps and see what's staying and what's going, and get some photographs this afternoon.

I'm sorry, been busy and forgot all about you. Must be getting old. Even with Fastenal shipping the cost of moving 300 lbs of bolts and clamps is pretty high. I'm going to have to pass because of the shipping cost.... Thanks

No worries, I agree. Nothing to apologize for. :)
Yeah, shipping is the problem right?

I have a little room to wiggle on the price, I'm not worried about making money with these, but not if I gotta spend $40 on materials, and the better part of a day picking up said materials, crating, and delivering, cause I'm not paying to pass these on, either.
Even jamming them haphazardly in to Flat Rate boxes will take a few hours.

Happy to part them out as well.
If anybody needs something specific, or a few of these and a couple of those, please give a shout.

That stuff weighs more than a guy thinks it does. I have one of those 30" plastic cube crates filled with heavy hold down stuff I haven't found a place for yet. That little cube weighs a shitload.

Quite a bit more than I expected... 350 to 400 lbs.... Jesse has it all crated up and is taking it to drop off at Fastenal in a couple of days... It's costing 230.00 to ship it from Pittsburgh to near Houston..

Glad it made it safe and sound.
Tried to walk the line between making it easy for you, and difficult for the forklift, to open.
Looks like they took a chunk off the corner of that pallet :D
I'm a little envious.
Got my Van Norman 22L Powerfeed working, and it's super versatile, rigid, and has plenty of power.
None of that does any good, without proper clamping and fixturing.
Thanks for the unboxing vid!
Have Fun with that planer. That is a thing of beauty!

Back