What's new
What's new

3/8-16 X 16.25 Draw bar For a Enco mill

AHTabuchi

Plastic
Hello , Ive been searching High & Low for a 3/8-16 X 16.25 long to the shoulder Draw bar . Am I going to have to change all of my tooling ,Or Is there a manufacturer that has one ,or do i have it made ? Im looking for any leads .

Thanks Arthur:willy_nilly:

If you can’t find one make one? Drawbar doesn’t seem like the hardest thing to make.

Could also modify one that is longer than you need. Then you wouldn’t even need a lathe. Just a 3/8 die a hacksaw and a file. Admittedly it won’t be that pretty but it will work.

a less than 20 second google search produced this:

Drawbar, 3MT x 3/8"-16, X3 Mill | Milling Machine Drawbar LittleMachineShop.com

an MT-3 drawbar. as i suspected. 18 bucks plus shipping ~ $30.

i'd go to the hardware store and buy a 3' length of allthread for $3 , two grade
5 or 8... 3/8" hex nuts and make my own for less than 5 bucks. that machine
won't know any difference.

now.... get the hell outta' here before the boss finds out and this thread will be closed fo' sho' ............

Last edited:
a less than 20 second google search produced this:

Drawbar, 3MT x 3/8"-16, X3 Mill | Milling Machine Drawbar LittleMachineShop.com

an MT-3 drawbar. as i suspected. 18 bucks plus shipping ~ $30.

i'd go to the hardware store and buy a 3' length of allthread for $3 , two grade
5 or 8... 3/8" hex nuts and make my own for less than 5 bucks. that machine
won't know any difference.

now.... get the hell outta' here before the boss finds out and this thread will be closed fo' sho' ............

It's not in his job code......

Honestly, all thread, and a nut, with a little weld on the end has been used
many times before.

If you can’t find one make one? Drawbar doesn’t seem like the hardest thing to make.

Could also modify one that is longer than you need. Then you wouldn’t even need a lathe. Just a 3/8 die a hacksaw and a file. Admittedly it won’t be that pretty but it will work.

Thanks for getting back to me on the draw bar . I went to a local machine shop and they told me just to cut off the bad threaded portion and get a good bolt and weld it on center .
For the good portion of the day , mind you the mill is a 20 yr old Enco Mill Drill . But Ive been running the beez Jesus out of it .
Thanks

Everything . Thanks for getting back to me . I was told , WHATS THE BIG DEAL ? . Just cut off the bad thread and weld on a good bolt.
So far so good .

Back