What's new
What's new

3" face mill

Mold God

Aluminum
Here is a blast from the past. 4 (.750 dia) round carbide inserts bolted onto the holder. You can rotate them an infinite number of times and technically never have to change them, depending on use. I know the pictures are crap, but the part is nothing special. 1 1/2" straight shank and plenty heavy duty for milling like a silly boy.

Questions? Of course you have them. Ask away.

$25 plus shipping.

Attachments

• fm1.jpg
    fm1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 302
  • fm.jpg
    fm.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 299
The face mill looks to have positive rake inserts installed, a plus. Probably still get an insert today to fit it, I'm guessing Kennemetal insert is being used. The 1.500' shank is a killer, that tells me it was for use on a pretty good size mill with large capacity tooling. Probably made for doing large mold work. Usually these things have integral shanks to fit directly into the mill spindle to reduce runout and chatter. I know, I'm not much of help here. Sorry. Ken.

Okay, here are some numbers stamped on the end of the shaft. Looks like someone put a chamfer on the end, washed out a bit of the stamping.

BC3-4WSR

(no mfr name evident)

New reduced price of $0.00! You pay shipping and I will send it. There is enough material to cut the shank down to a usable shape and size for the adventurous. Make your own R-8, CAT-30, even kwik-switch 2 or 3 series would be viable.

Come on, folks, I don't want to stare at this thing any more, I need you to have it and stare at it yourself.

For the REALLY adventurous, you could turn down the shaft to 1/4 or 1/8 inch and use it in a Dremel moto-tool or air die grinder. Just think - 10 pounds of steel and carbide turning at 10,000 RPM with no safety guard. Makes one tingle with the possibilities.

Back