What's new
What's new

48" Camel Back Straight Edge

Sea Sick Steve

Cast Iron
Want to sell this 48" camel back straight edge. It has been in my possession for over 20 years and I have not had an occasion to use it,I think it is unlikely that i will take up any new hobbies so Im thinking it really needs anew home. I cleaned it up a bit for the photos but was very gentle no abrasives ect. There are a couple small rust stains on it but no pitting or damage. There are a couple dings on it but nothing hateful that would not stone out easily.I cant find any manufactures info just the numbers 1-7-47. I am looking for $550 and I will build a 3/4" plywood crate to ship it in. Buyer will be responsible for the shipping charges. I can ship from a commercial truck doc or drop at a fastenal store. If the buyer wants to pick up I will take $500 I am near Cleveland Ohio. Delivery is also a possibility depending on your location.

IMG_2812.jpg
IMG_2809.JPG
IMG_2808.JPG
IMG_2807.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2813.JPG
    IMG_2813.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 250
Not sure of the maker, but it seems to me that is was not too uncommon for rebuilders to have their own straight edges made back when foundrys and pattern shops were still plentiful. Whoever made that one did a decent job of it as it looks like a very clean straight casting.

I might be interested but I would need a better idea of the cost of shipping. How much does it weigh uncrated? I'm on the West Coast.

Back