What's new
What's new

4x Albrecht keyless drill chuck JT33 taper, 1/32" - 1/2" / 1mm - 13mm capacity

Dope

Cast Iron
4x Albrecht keyless drill chuck JT33 taper, 1/32" - 1/2" / 1mm - 13mm capacity

Albrecht keyless drill chuck. 1/32" - 1/2" / 1mm - 13mm capacity. Great condition, operates smoothly. Has a JT33/J33/33JT taper for endless shank mounting options. I have four of these for sale, they are all in almost identical condition. $65 each, shipped for $10. I can combine multiples in one box to save on shipping as well. If you want all four I'll do $250 shipped.

WdnbvGJ.jpg

4Ev1cmu.jpg

D0IubcZ.jpg

k3423LG.jpg

A little late to say it, but I got these quickly and well packed. Still need to mount them and check concentricity, but they seem to be in good shape.

Thanks to the seller!

[I don't want to say "Thanks, Dope!", as it just sounds wrong...]

But you coulda got a nice Jacobs repair kit for that price ! :D

I might have gotten "Jacobed" with these chucks. After a closer look and actually trying them out by moving the outer sleeve, they're not such a bargain. One chuck with trashed jaws, three very notchy when rotating, one doesn't want to turn without great force. So each will need a rebuild to be usable.

Looks like I'm the "Dope" here. Usually very pleased with PM purchases, but this time it's a bit of a not-so.

I might have gotten "Jacobed" with these chucks. After a closer look and actually trying them out by moving the outer sleeve, they're not such a bargain. One chuck with trashed jaws, three very notchy when rotating, one doesn't want to turn without great force. So each will need a rebuild to be usable.

Looks like I'm the "Dope" here. Usually very pleased with PM purchases, but this time it's a bit of a not-so.

If you're talking about the chucks I sold, if you're unhappy with them then please send them back for a full refund like we discussed during the sale. No problem at all.

If you're talking about the chucks I sold, if you're unhappy with them then please send them back for a full refund like we discussed during the sale. No problem at all.

Let's do that. I'd be less perturbed if your description of "great condition" in the OP had added "cosmetic", as in fairness if you don't look closely they are.

But anyone who actually handled the chuck and tried to rotate the body would know they need rebuilding, or at the least disassembly and thorough cleaning to see if they need further work.

Please pm or email me the address you'd like them shipped back to, I'll send a tracking number when I have it.

Let's do that. I'd be less perturbed if your description of "great condition" in the OP had added "cosmetic", as in fairness if you don't look closely they are.

But anyone who actually handled the chuck and tried to rotate the body would know they need rebuilding, or at the least disassembly and thorough cleaning to see if they need further work.

Please pm or email me the address you'd like them shipped back to, I'll send a tracking number when I have it.

No problem, I've refunded the total amount and included my address in the "notes" field.

Your quibble with my listing is fair, I didn't look too closely at them - that's why I listed them for so cheap as I didn't want to mess with them. I had purchased 6 at an auction and kept the two worst ones for myself, and resold the other 4 for what I paid. Just didn't have time to take them apart. I'll probably just rebuild them and sell them on ebay instead, unless someone else wants them (I had like 10 people messaging me for them).

Thanks for the quick refund, I'd not noticed the address in the comments. The chucks will be rewrapped (with a quick hit of WD-40) and shipped today or tomorrow.

These are rebuildable if anyone wants to take that on, it just doesn't make sense for me to do it at this time.

Some buyers expectations amaze me. That chuck lists for $450 what the hell did you expect?
Bob

An accurate description of condition? Some folks who buy stuff would prefer that. I guess you don't care.

At the least, I was looking at new jaws (@ $100/set), and that was presuming none of the other parts needed replacing too. Factor in time for disassembly, cleaning, multiple test reassemblies, etc.

Regardless, the seller was excellent in how he handled the return, can't ask for more than that.

Some buyers expectations amaze me. That chuck lists for $450 what the hell did you expect?
I'd get good ones at auction for $30 to $50 all the time. Sometimes less.

btw, that $450 price tag is why the west ain't never gonna be competitive with China or Korea or anywhere else sensible, for that matter. It's s-t-u-p-i-d. Gotta be kidding me, $450 :(

Back