What's new
What's new

6" Buck tru-adjust Chucks 6-jaw & 3-jaw

I'dG84that

Plastic
I have three 6" buck chucks and 3 matching back plates. The chuck key will go to the first buyer.

3-jaw Buck 2063R with removable soft jaws: $200
6-jaw Buck 3662 with 6 ID solid jaws: $250
6-jaw Buck 3662 with 3/6 OD solid jaws: $200

Backing plates are $40 on their own or $20 with a chuck.

Buck S-276 back plate 2-3/16 x 10 threaded (Hardinge threaded mount)
Buck C-203 back plate D1-3
Ko Lee B&S #11

IMG_1814.jpg

I'm interested in this one

6-jaw Buck 3662 with 6 ID solid jaws: $250

I've never used a 6 jaw. Am I correct that they can be used just as a 3 jaw? 6 jaw better accuracy than a 3 jaw?

Paypal?

I've never used a 6 jaw. Am I correct that they can be used just as a 3 jaw? 6 jaw better accuracy than a 3 jaw?

Thanks for buying this. I was really tempted, but I have about 10 chucks already :-)

What 6 jaws gets you is:
Better holding power - 6 points of contact instead of 3.
Less distortion of hollow parts, like tubing.

Where you are going to get the accuracy is with the set-tru feature, which will let you dial in the chuck to be damn near perfect at the diameter you are using. If you change diameters, you could be off because of wear in the scroll, but my dad had his dialed in so he was within a thou at most of the diameters he used.

Steve

Not necessarily better holding power with a 6-jaw. Depends on the surface area gripping the part compared to the 3-jaw. You also lose twice the amount of gripping power due to friction since there are double the number of jaws contacting the scroll. So don't count on that. Where 6-jaws shine is on thin wall tube work. Where on a 3-jaw you'd need pie jaws or soft jaws sometimes you can get away with just using the 6-jaw chuck's regular jaws.

Back