What's new
What's new

$700 - HARDINGE HV-4N Horizontal Vetical 5C Indexing Fixture, T-4 Center, SB-4 Base

Adrien

Aluminum
I also have this listed on ebay but I'd rather sell in this community and have discounted the price ~10% to reflect this preference. By ebay name is aterren and I have 100% positive feedback on ebay and on PM.

The ebay link here has additional photos.

- HV-4N 5C Indexer Collet Indexer
- SB-4 Sub-base
- T-4 Screw feed tailstock.

I bought this with my mill from a person who I believe was the original owner when he retired. This is one of many items I am selling to lighten my load prior to a cross country move.

Photos show minor (to my view as a collet user) damage to the nose threads. This is a knowledgeable group and you'll know how this affects you, and how you would use the indexer, better than I will.

The sub-base is heavy. If you are interested in this without the base let me know. Shipping will be much less expensive. I will also look to ship this in 2 boxes to see if that is a less expensive option for you.

Free local pickup of course (SW Connecticut). If you think my price is out of line, feel free to educate me...in a polite manner.

IMG_2506.jpgIMG_2378.jpgIMG_2366.jpg
IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

I'm interested in the indexer only...cuz I already have the base and tailstock. However, I am aware that you want to sell it as a package.

I could, probably, use the tailstock and sub base if the total shipped to WI 53125 is reasonable. What's the center height of the tailstock?

Hi gents,
I'm happy to split this up between you. Let me get some weight breakdowns and shipping estimates to WI and VT respectively.

Rough shipping weights and rates

I'd prefer to ship FedEx than USPS but FedEx is generally a bit more expensive. The FedEx prices below are for a business address unless noted. These are quick estimates and if it looks like we can work out a deal I'll refine the accuracy with the actual delivery addresses.

Center to WI
7 lbs + packing materials - cheapest is $15.50 USPS flat rate. Fedex is $24 to business address and more to residential.

Base
33 lbs + packing material. Fedex $43

Indexer
24 lbs + plus packing. If I remove the handles I think this will fit safely in a USPS large flat rate box for $22

What do you think?

Thank you for the shipping estimate. I'll be waiting for your asking price on the items I mentioned.

What's the width of the T-slot in the base? Does the tailstock come with T-nut(s)or any other provision to hold it in place?

I’m interested in buying the whole package but I don’t want to step in front of the other folks who asked about breaking up the package. If others fall through or the etiquette is appropriate for me to purchase it, send me a PM. Shipping will kill me, but I trust PM members a whole heck of a lot better than EBay. PM-ers know how badly these things can get damaged in the mail. And this indexer appears to be in fairly good condition.

Hi gents,
I'm happy to split this up between you. Let me get some weight breakdowns and shipping estimates to WI and VT respectively.

Indexer, 24 lbs + plus packing. If I remove the handles I think this will fit safely in a USPS large flat rate box for $22

What do you think?

Sounds great to me! My PO is used to holding heavy packages for me. :-) Let me know what you'd like for the indexer alone. PM prob best, or email me through the control panel.

Thanks!

All,
I'd like to sell this as a package. That is my preference. If the two parties (Neilho and MichaelP) trying to help with a split deal can agree to a $ split that results in $700 + shipping to me then I am fine but I don't want to be the ringmaster of a three way negotiation. I do enough of that with my spouse and 2 kids. :-)

Medsar - yeah, shipping is going to hurt but should still be under $85. I'd ship the indexer and tail center in one box and the base in another (padded with heavy foam) and I'll do what I can to minimize the cost. Normally I am a 'first with money' kind of guy but let's give the other gents a bit of time to see if they can work out a price.

Back