What's new
What's new

Acu Rite AR5 Y-Axis Scale

n2zon

Cast Iron
My X-axis head finally bit the dust. It was glitchy when I bought the mill, and went downhill over a few years until it died over the weekend. New scales are stupid expensive, and I ordered an entire new (and more capable) DRO for about what a replacement scale seems to cost.

That leaves the Y-axis scale and head. They work fine. They are also too short to repurpose as a Z-axis scale for the mill or an X-axis scale for either lathe and too long to use as a Y-axis lathe scale.

Anyone need one? Overall length is about 18" and travel is at least 12" (it's on a 9x42 vertical mill).

Not sure what's fair, but make an offer. Right now I have a 1-axis DRO and no place to go with it...

Hi I could use it if the right plug for my acurite.
What is the plug type and what is the reading on the scale.
Thanks Ed

AR5 scales (if actually the AR5 scales and not a replacement) should have the 6 pin round connector. Even if its a replacement, it should have the same round connector on it.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Hi plug looks correct.
I do not need the box just the scale. I have a long scale that went wonky so would move the reader to that one
10um scale.
What would like for the scale?

but bidding is still open.

Take it to eBay. See how much you get for a well used half thou reading scale from the mid-80's. I'd think it's worth little more than the cost of that 6 pin connector, myself.

You obviously have a value in mind. Why not just name that price?

I sure wish this site outlawed auction style sales...

Take it to eBay. See how much you get for a well used half thou reading scale from the mid-80's. I'd think it's worth little more than the cost of that 6 pin connector, myself.

I agree. Not worth much and the bidding thing is kind of ridiculous.

Well, I wanted enough to justify packing it up and driving to UPS if I was going to ship it. And I really had no idea what the thing's worth. Ed's offer was probably fair, but it wasn't enough for me to pack it up and send it out. But in any event, Steve was next in line and we worked out a trade this afternoon. He will pick it up, so no shipping is involved.

My apologies if I didn't run this the way people on the board expect. Next time I'll post a starting point and see where it goes. Will that work better for you guys?

Back