What's new
What's new

Against Saving Money?

Bogie83

Plastic
I’m really quite confused right now… I mean, most people go into business to make money right? And in machining it’s a little difficult to cut metal without end mills right? Yet I post a couple totes of brand new end mills for sale, and cheaper than anywhere you can find. And nobody wants any? I have no problem pulling them out of their cases and showing you that they’re new. But only on the ones that somebody request. Or, continue to pay full price and not make more profit than you already do. They’ll get sold either way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bogie; I'm not a machinist, just a novice hit and miss metal hobbyist and I have NO IDEA of what I need or for that matter what end mills would work in my Precision Matthews Mill (PM25). I mess with mild steel and aluminum; any suggestions?

I posted some pics on a different thread, but here’s a lot of them
bd2f8e31b0a097a324df317d0249e832.jpeg

31d8a6aa356d302ce822c45fb8eb6f14.jpeg

f8114e918563cbe7bc87a47106626918.jpeg

561072395efa973f83ca81ee72a38ddd.jpeg

8220660c2b7cbc9a99d8d445613748a0.jpeg

I’m going through and writing down specifics and pricing now. Just a lot of them to do

Are they all new? All carbide ? I’d buy quite a few 3/8 and smaller what are your prices?
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

50% of actual new cost is only a bargain if it is a tool you are current using. If its to be put into inventory for some unknown future job its to much money.

How much time do you have to spend selling these leftovers? I doubt if you can sell much more than half of them at 20% of cost on this board. If you want to move them quickly in one lot with a minimum of hassle, I'd guess in the 10% of cost range.

50% of actual new cost is only a bargain if it is a tool you are current using. If its to be put into inventory for some unknown future job its to much money.

How much time do you have to spend selling these leftovers? I doubt if you can sell much more than half of them at 20% of cost on this board. If you want to move them quickly in one lot with a minimum of hassle, I'd guess in the 10% of cost range.

Well thanks for the advice. I’ve been around machine shops my entire life. And have also sold many things over the past 38 years. So I’m aware of how selling large quantities works. I’m not wanting to sell everything as one lot. Definitely not for 10% of what it’s worth. I’m most certainly for negotiating, and giving even better deals the more a person buys

Are they all new? All carbide ? I’d buy quite a few 3/8 and smaller what are your prices?
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This whole tote is 3/8 and smaller. And if you’re looking at buying quite a few, I’d go quite a bit less on the price

bcdee2754458a012f818cebf403d31ac.jpg

22825500010e16bade9758ceade5edaf.jpg

I'm a home shop guy and always looking for a good deal on tooling. However, I have no idea how much any of those end mills cost new. It would really help if you could post some prices for various sizes.

I'm a home shop guy and always looking for a good deal on tooling. However, I have no idea how much any of those end mills cost new. It would really help if you could post some prices for various sizes.

There are so many different brands, sizes, flute count, coating, type of cutter. I understand it helps to be able to just look at a price. Just being honest, but if I take the time to find pricing on every one, and open them and take individual pictures, I’m gonna charge more for them. I don’t mind doing it over time. But can’t right now, since I have a 4 year old around at all times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK I will bite how much for 20 1/4" regular length 4 flute uncoated.?
Bob

Sorry Bob, but I don’t have any of what you’re asking for. I’m thinking you already knew that, and that’s alright. Have a good night

1. 50% off msrp (this is what the earlier ad said) isn't that great for secondhand endmills (doesn't matter if you say they're unused - we've all been burned by that one before, and a picture really doesn't tell a whole lot about edge condition) if you are expecting people to buy you out in less than 6 hours...

2. You have 10 posts and nobody knows you. That's often a recipe for trouble. Another thing that means you aren't going to sell out in a flash.

3. Might want to check that attitude.

Yeah, you guys are right. I definitely came off as a dick, and a bit impatient. And for that I apologize. Got too many things going on in my personal life right now, and have been a little on edge. Then getting appointed to handle selling all of this hasn’t helped.

And I get the whole being cautious part. I can assure you that what I’ve claimed is legit though. Hopefully those who do purchase some will let the rest of you know as well

And Bob, the good majority of what we cut was aluminum and plastics. Did some ti here and there too. But the good majority of the cutters are either 2 or 3 flute. And pretty much all of them, except the MA Ford, are coated. Sorry for the earlier response

Here is my two cents for on-line selling:
Post an itemized list with individual prices.

Your original F/S post was so vague its no wonder you got no interest.

Id suggest you do the following three options.
1.List a grab bag per pound price, or per group of 10,20,30 etc. No guarantees on what you get other than
size.
2. Itemize and list individually, I know you don't want to do that but putting that work off on someone
else means you dont get to profit off of it.
3. Post up a total weight or total count and a lot price.

as stated before, you have no established reputation here and your original post is so vague its not appealing. As a home shop/job shop guy Id probably buy a few pounds/lots even though they are not ideal for a specific job they would probably get the job done for onesy twoesy work but If I have a big job I order the tools needed when needed.

Back