What's new
What's new

Anyone use .3325-40 or .4575-40 taps?

JasonPAtkins

Hot Rolled
I have a tub of taps (many new) in these sizes that I can't bring myself to throw away, but am tired of having them collect dust. If anyone wants (any of) them, they're free for shipping. If not, they'll go to scrap next week. Seems like a waste, but so is taking my shelf space and I have no idea when one would need them - except the shop they came from must have needed them a lot to have so many!

I guess it doesn't make it economical to ship them to the US. Otherwise I'd take a few of them.

My guess is that they were used for building/restoring micrometers or similar (40 TPI = 0.025"/rev).

Paolo

Jason
May never use them but I have a drawer full of specials that have been used for something other than the original intent.
If the tub has enough to loose 6 of each size without making a dent in whats left, I'll provide a good home
Mike
pm to follow

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm sorry I totally spaced this - I've been traveling all over the US fundraising for our non-profit. I'll be back in MI with the taps next week and will be happy to get them all out then. If anyone who hasn't gotten PM's into my box still wants some, shoot me a PM.

Ok, guys - I apologize once again that I've been so flaky on this. We have been all around the country fundraising, but are now settled in Michigan for a whole month.

Here's what I've got so far, if anyone else would like to jump on the bandwagon, let me know today.

Specfab – 2 ea - I have your address, Matt.
mjk - 6 ea - Please PM me your mailing address
Paolo_MD 2-3 ea - Please PM me your mailing address
Mllud22 - Everything else - What's left is probably less than half of a small flat rate box (see pic below, what's left so far) - once I've given everyone else what they ask for today and tomorrow, you'll get whatever's left - Please PM me your mailing address
Image1080758825419069096.jpg

USPS is saying 7oz (the weight of three of each) is $4.53. mllud22, the leftovers in a small FR box is $7.35.

The rate for just six taps seems high at 4.53 - if any of you have an account that gets a better deal with UPS or Fedex, feel free to send a prepaid label instead.

Back