What's new
What's new

Assorted machine tooling and measuring tools

SteveM

Diamond
Here is an assortment of odds and ends (is that repetitive and redundant?).

All prices are exclusive of shipping. Shipping will be flat-rate box unless it makes more sense to use something like a padded envelope.

If the picture shows a bunch of something, the price is for the bunch and not each.

Payment by paypal for "goods and services", not "friends and family".

Preference will be given to long-time board members.

A - lot of seven 3 morse taper dead centers. All need to have tips reground.
$5 for the lot

B - set of four 4C collets in 64th sizes - 9/64, 7/64, 11/64 and what appears to be 5/64
$20

C - Vintage 5C drawbar collet closer with wood handle. handle is cracked and needs to be repaired or replaced. see pictures for all dimensions.
$50

D & E - Metric drills - Walter Titex 20mm drill bit. It has a split point, 118 degree point. The cutting edge has a primary and secondary relief ground in. It looks almost new and is very sharp.
Hartner 21.0 mm HSS drill bit, MT2 shank, black oxide, appears to be new and unused.
$25 (sold together)

F - Lathe Chuck Backplate 2-3/8 x 6 tpi, 6-1/4" diameter, fits some (but not all) South Bend 16 and

14-1/2. The backplate has a total thickness of 1-3/4" with the perimiter 0.919" thick. The register

is 4.719" diameter and about 0.100" thick.
$50

G - Brown & Sharpe #9 BS9 End Mill and Woodruff Cutter
The Woodruff cutter is 1.125" diamter and 0.379" width, which looks like it's for a 1210 Wooddruff key. The shank is marked "Brown & Sharpe Mfg. Co. Providence R.I., No. 34L High Speed Bit".
The end mill is 1.25" diameter and 2" length of cut.
$10 for both.

H - Tapered end mills, HSS, 1" shank, 3 are are tapered 3 degrees and one is tapered 5 degrees.
$15 for all.

I - Grenfield HSS TiN-coated 1/2-20 bottoming taps, new old stock and very sharp. GH3 class of fit.
$30

J - Lot of four 151.2-25-50 parting blades, believed to be for T-Max Q-cut inserts
$40

K - Ten Guhring 3/8-16 2 Flute Spiral Flute Taps. Appear to be unused and are very sharp. The taps

are marked: "C-3/8-16UNC-2B 45 degree-31.5 hss-E GUH LVNL V"
$75

L - GAR S-22 Microfinish Surface Comparator
$25

M - Kalmaster 0-6" Caliper Master for checking inside and outside jaws and jaw frames. Dimensions

are specified to 0.0001". Original wood storage case included.
$100

N - Precision Devices Reference Standard PDR-6 for calibrating surface roughness gauges. It has separate surfaces marked "Calibration", "Linearity" and "Stylus Check". New price is $350
$50

O - Starrett #494-b toolmaker buttons. These are size B in the set of four, the second smallest set. They are on the original base. One of the four screws is not original.
$20 or will trade for a Starrett #494-c

P - Tungaloy JSTBR1212K3 B47 right hand lathe carbide insert toolholder, 1/2" shank, 6" long. Takes a Tungaloy JTBR 60 degree triangle insert with a 45 degree lead angle. The insert presents a VERY sharp cutting edge to the work.
$30

Q - North American Tool Tru-Flo 13/16-20 thread forming tap for aluminum. The shank of the tap says: "North American
11/16-20 NEF HS GH-8 Tru-Flo Aluminum USAS 1Z10"
$25

Attachments

• PM_LQ.jpg
    PM_LQ.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 281
  • PM_FK.jpg
    PM_FK.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 253
  • PM_AE.jpg
    PM_AE.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 267
All prices are exclusive of shipping. Shipping will be flat-rate box unless it makes more sense to use something like a padded envelope.

Payment by paypal for "goods and services", not "friends and family".

Preference will be given to long-time board members.

G - Brown & Sharpe #9 BS9 End Mill and Woodruff Cutter
The Woodruff cutter is 1.125" diamter and 0.379" width, which looks like it's for a 1210 Wooddruff key. The shank is marked "Brown & Sharpe Mfg. Co. Providence R.I., No. 34L High Speed Bit".
$10 for both.
I'll be please to take both of the #9 B&S thanks.

O - Starrett #494-b toolmaker buttons. These are size B in the set of four, the second smallest set. They are on the original base. One of the four screws is not original.

...and the toolmaker's buttons as well.

Email on the way.

Cheers,

Bill

4C collets for me please - could we complete the transaction via e-mail - jrr(zero) at us (dot) ibm (dot) com please?

Thanks - Jim.

And darn you thermite for skunking me on the toolmaker's buttons..

4C collets for me please - could we complete the transaction via e-mail - jrr(zero) at us (dot) ibm (dot) com please?

Thanks - Jim.

And darn you thermite for skunking me on the toolmaker's buttons..

Suck it up, young buttercup. Shudda been takin' fewer senior Citizen naps fer yer residual "TDS"!

:)

Given age diff, [email protected] probably skunked you on the <domain>.<tld> as well - even if it hadn't been for AN/FSQ-7, the IBM 701 .. and diode plug board "unit record" equipment.

My idea of a "personal" computer was a Varian Data 520i! Burroughs D825 was too dam' bulky even if yah had the coin for it.

Updated list:

A - lot of seven 3 morse taper dead centers. All need to have tips reground.
$5 for the lot

*sold* B - set of four 4C collets in 64th sizes - 9/64, 7/64, 11/64 and what appears to be 5/64
$20

C - Vintage 5C drawbar collet closer with wood handle. handle is cracked and needs to be repaired or replaced. see pictures for all dimensions.
$50

D & E - Metric drills - Walter Titex 20mm drill bit. It has a split point, 118 degree point. The cutting edge has a primary and secondary relief ground in. It looks almost new and is very sharp.
Hartner 21.0 mm HSS drill bit, MT2 shank, black oxide, appears to be new and unused.
$25 (sold together)

F - Lathe Chuck Backplate 2-3/8 x 6 tpi, 6-1/4" diameter, fits some (but not all) South Bend 16 and 14-1/2. The backplate has a total thickness of 1-3/4" with the perimiter 0.919" thick. The register is 4.719" diameter and about 0.100" thick.
$50

*sold* G - Brown & Sharpe #9 BS9 End Mill and Woodruff Cutter
$10 for both.

*sold* H - Tapered end mills, HSS, 1" shank, 3 are are tapered 3 degrees and one is tapered 5 degrees.
$15 for all.

I - Grenfield HSS TiN-coated 1/2-20 bottoming taps, new old stock and very sharp. GH3 class of fit.
$30

J - Lot of four 151.2-25-50 parting blades, believed to be for T-Max Q-cut inserts
$40

K - Ten Guhring 3/8-16 2 Flute Spiral Flute Taps. Appear to be unused and are very sharp. The taps are marked: "C-3/8-16UNC-2B 45 degree-31.5 hss-E GUH LVNL V"
$75

L - GAR S-22 Microfinish Surface Comparator
$25

M - Kalmaster 0-6" Caliper Master for checking inside and outside jaws and jaw frames. Dimensions are specified to 0.0001". Original wood storage case included.
$100

N - Precision Devices Reference Standard PDR-6 for calibrating surface roughness gauges. It has separate surfaces marked "Calibration", "Linearity" and "Stylus Check". New price is $350
$50

*sold* O - Starrett #494-b toolmaker buttons. These are size B in the set of four, the second smallest set. They are on the original base. One of the four screws is not original.

P - Tungaloy JSTBR1212K3 B47 right hand lathe carbide insert toolholder, 1/2" shank, 6" long. Takes a Tungaloy JTBR 60 degree triangle insert with a 45 degree lead angle. The insert presents a VERY sharp cutting edge to the work.
$30

Q - North American Tool Tru-Flo 13/16-20 thread forming tap for aluminum. The shank of the tap says: "North American
11/16-20 NEF HS GH-8 Tru-Flo Aluminum USAS 1Z10"
$25

Offers considered, particularly for bulk purchases.

Back