What's new
What's new

b&s #7 collets

I have quite a bit of B&S #7 stuff along with an M-head (head and motor only) that I will be selling as soon as I can put some pricing together with the photos and return at least one PM from an interested party. Everything is B&S#7. In the list is:
(1) Chandler-Duplex boring & facing head holds 1/2" boring bars
(5) endmill holders (3/4", 5/8", 1/2",1/2", and 3/8" These were originally MT3 taper, reground to B&S#7
(2) Original Weldon 3/8" endmill holders
(1) partial set of original Bridgeport/Hardinge collets 1/2", 7/16", 3/8" and 1/4".
(1) full set of original Bridgeport/Hardinge collets with all of the above plus 3/16" and 1/8"
(several) miscelaneous 1/2" and 3/8" collets.
(1) Complete M-head with 1/2 HP motor.

I recently removed the m-head from my mill and replaced it with a J-head. I have sold several sets of collets in the past because it was cheaper to buy out large lots and sell off the duplicates, these are the items I kept for my personal use. Most collets still have the name and size still printed on the sides.

That said, there are sites where you can purchase import B&S7 collets. I know because I bought some when I first got my mill. I have (2) 1/2" and (1) 3/8 that I put into the misc. category. I could not use them for fear of breaking my drawbar trying to get them to hold an endmill tight enough to keep it from slipping. I have a cracked original collet that holds better than an import out of the box. -Mike

I have a order in at H&H for a set of collets. Will be in; 6 to 8 weeks; maybe. MIke can you give me a price on all of it. Thank you mike and john for helping me. Larry

I have an as-new 1/2" and a 9/16" (stained but mechanically OK). They have been used little or not at all. The half-inch is stamped B&S; the other is unlabeled but I believe it is American-made. Both B&S 7 taper. I'll sell you the pair for $35 plus postage. Kim

If you haven't already guessed, Hotbarrel was the PM I was cummunicating with so those Items are gone.

I have photos and pricing for what's left. I decided to save the partial set of collets for whomever buys the M-head since it's kind of useless without them. All prices include shipping to the lower 48.

Complete B&S#7 endmill set 1/2" is Hardinge and the rest are genuine Bridgeport - $90

Two Weldon brand 3/8" endmill holders - $45
($25 each If sold seperately)

Rare (Really) Chandler-Duplex Boring/Facing head with a copy of the instructions $150.

-Mike
Image26.jpg
Image07.jpg

I have tentatively sold everything but the two 3/8" weldon endmill holders and the Chandler Duplex boring/facing head.

Rather than tie up Bud's thread I started a new one for the sale of the M-head. -Mike

Lucast,
I received your MO Saturday. I sent the 7 pc collet set out today priority mail using the PO automated package mailing system.

Everyone else, I still have the Chandler-Duplex boring/facing head and the two pcs. of 3/8" endmill holders left. Thanks! -Mike

BTT, I still have the Chandler-Duplex boring/facing head and the two pcs. of 3/8" endmill holders left. As some of us have found out, the import B&S#7 stuff just doesn't work as well as these originals. -Mike

Back