What's new
What's new

Bar Z Industrial Hot Shot 360 Heat Treat Oven

Why did you put "BRIDGEPORT MILL" and "SOUTH BEND LATHE" in the title of an ad for a heat treat furnace?

Keyword spamming. It's to have your item pop up in searches of people who have no interest in your item. It's against ebay policy, but it's pretty rampant.

Steve

Keyword spamming. It's to have your item pop up in searches of people who have no interest in your item. It's against ebay policy, but it's pretty rampant.

Steve

Something you have to be a real jerk to do.

It is really a pain in the ass for people that use internet searches for finding a particular item. Your not going to cramp your item down the throat of someone not looking for that item.
Not me anyway. It clutters searches with garbage results':mad5:

Wow, you guys really hate keyword spamming. The reason it is so popular is because Cassini is very broken, so it is the best strategy to get your item in front of the most eyeballs and attract impulse buyers. I don't do it myself, but i can understand why someone would, especially with a niche item like this. If you think it doesn't help get stuff sold, think about all the n00bs with garage shops who don't even know something like this exists. They search for a home gamer lathe, and find an item they didn't even know they wanted, till now :)

That said, there are ways around the spam. Here is a list of search perimeters to narrow your results:
10 eBay Advanced Search Tips for Geeks

Here is a tool that specifically searches for misspelled listings similar to what you type in (for those sweet low traffic item discounts):
FatFingers - eBay typos, misspelling & spelling mistakes

And here is a breakdown of how Cassini works so you know what terms get what results (and how to optimize your sale listings for max profit):
The Complete Guide to Cassini - The eBay Search Engine

Happy hunting.

Back