What's new
What's new

Big taps 3 piece sets - first group

discodan

Aluminum
These are big taps and each set includes a taper tap, a plug tap and a bottoming tap. Some are new and most look to be lightly used if used at all. Brands include Reiff & Nestor, Greenfield, HWM, Hanson, Brubaker, Morse and some unmarked. Sizes include:
1-3/4 8NC (2 sets)- SOLD!!
1-3/4 5NC (2 sets)
1-3/8 6NC (3 sets)
1-1/4 7NC (6 sets)
1-1/8 7NC (3 sets)
1" 8NC (1set)

Some have light corrosion, mainly on the shank, not the cutter portion. I can clean before i send if you ask. A set of 3 taps is $15 plus shipping. I can send pics if you are really interested.

I have a second round I will post after I go through and see if there are 3 tap sets. Sizes in the second round go from 1-3/4" down to 1".

Last edited:
I would like to purchase:

(1) set each- 1"-8
1 1/8"-7
1 1/4"-7

Please PM your Postal Address & I will get a check out to you. Include shipping price.

Thanks-
Joe Michaels

Thanks guys. I need to run to the post office and get some small flat rate boxes to see if the orders will fit in one. I will let you know later. Many thanks. I wasn't sure anyone would want the 1-3/4 taps.

Hey Pete, the 3 1-2/4" taps will fit into a small flat rate box which costs $7.20, so the total would be $22.20. I wrap them in newspaper and tape and the box is clear taped in both directions due to weight. I sold one set of the 1-3/4 size you want and what I have left are in the attached pic and can make a 3 piece set but it will be a little mix and match. The two darkest ones to the left are marked B.T.R, the second from the right is marked S.C.Co and the one to the far right is a Vermont. The two in the middle are both plug taps. All taps are 6 flute. The far left one is the taper tap, the middle two are plug taps and the right one is the bottom tap. So the decision is which of the two middle ones do you prefer? If you want at least two from the same company, the two on the far left and the one to the far right would be the ones. I can't tell any difference in the two middle plug taps as far as sharpness. I will clean them up before I send them to you.

My email is [email protected]. I can get them in the mail tomorrow if you can do PayPal by the morning.

Nice doing business with you.

Dan

View attachment 243666View attachment 243666View attachment 243666

Hey Joe Michaels, I tried sending a PM but your box has exceeded its limit.

Hey Joe, I sorted all of the taps in the sizes you wanted and picked the best of the 1" (Morse) and 1-1/8" (Reif & Nestor)so that there was a matching manufacturer set and the best of the lot. For the 1-1/4" I had quite a few sets after sorting. I have complete sets of Greenfield, Reif & Nestor (R&N), and Winter. I have Brubaker in plug and bottom taps and unmarked in all 3 styles. If you don't have a preference I will just pick what I think is the best set of what I have out of the matched sets. Let me know your preference.

Can you do paypal? That way I can get them in the mail same day or following day. The 3 sets will require a medium flat rate box and that is $13.65. So the total would be $58.65. I will accept a check but it would have to clear first and that takes about a week. I like to get stuff to people quickly so PayPal is preferred.

Thanks.

Dan

Joe Michaels, I just noticed that the taper tap has 3 chipped teeth (leading edges) and that is the only one I have left. If you still want that one, how about if I give you all 4 for $35 plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

PeteM, Joe Michaels and MattRiddle, I seem to be having some issues with the PM system (I have contacted the administrators) so I am contacting you here to try and keep things moving. PeteM and Joe Michaels, I haven't heard back from you so I can give you through Friday and then I need to offer the taps to others. MattRiddle, let me know if you received any of my messages today. There has been a lot of interest in the taps so I need to keep things moving so I can move them out of my workshop and into your hands!

After I fulfill this initial group of sales, this first group of are SOLD. I will re-post with a second group of taps from 1" to 1-3/4" but some will be singles, 2-piece sets and some 3-piece sets.

Back