What's new
What's new

Bison 20" three jaw chuck. A2-11

matthewlee

Hot Rolled
Selling this chuck you see below.
Its in great shape. I have the bolts and chuck key. Not much use.
Located just west of St Louis.
Would prefer local pickup, but Im willing to meet within 100 miles if that helps.
Payment by paypal+3% or cash preferred.
Any questions, please feel free.
Asking $2500

Thanks,
Matt

20191124_143925.jpg
20191124_143915.jpg
chuck.jpg

Specs
Chuck Type Self-Centering
Nominal Chuck Size 20
Number of Jaws 3
Mount A2-11
Through-Hole Diameter (Decimal Inch) 7.4803
Body Material Cast Iron (Semi-Steel)
Reversible Jaws Reversible Jaws
Number of Jaw Pieces Two-Piece
Chuck Diameter (Inch) 20
Minimum Jaw Capacity (Decimal Inch) 0.7870
Maximum Jaw Capacity (Decimal Inch) 19.0900
Adjustable No
Axial Runout (Decimal Inch) 0.0020
Radial Runout (Decimal Inch) 0.0040
Body Length (Decimal Inch) 5.7480
Maximum RPM 700
Includes (2) Hex Keys; Chuck Wrench; Eye Bolts (Chuck Size 15-3/4" & Larger); Set of Hard Master Jaws; Set of Mounting Bolts; Set of Soft Top Reversible Jaws

Having bought a few bigger-ish chucks like that for my machines both locally and on Ebay I have paid between $400 and $1500. The $1500 chuck was a like new Schunk that cost about double what yours did new.

Just throwing that out there if you need to move it so you have an idea what actual market value is.

It also helps if you advertise it with what machine it came off of and what machines you know for sure it will fit.

The biggest problem I have run into is sellers not willing to properly palletize the thing. A couple plastic bands ain't going to hold that to a chinsy pallet.

Congrats on the deals. Everyone likes em.
Crazy to see stuff sell for pennies on the dollar.. but it does happen.

Thanks for sharing your opinion of what its worth. It sure helps my situation.

What it fits is pretty obvious to me being A2-11 mount, but I guess I could be too generous in assuming.

Congrats on the deals. Everyone likes em.
Crazy to see stuff sell for pennies on the dollar.. but it does happen.

Thanks for sharing your opinion of what its worth. It sure helps my situation.

What it fits is pretty obvious to me being A2-11 mount, but I guess I could be too generous in assuming.

Do you have some kind of warranty on this chuck like Bison did? Do you have some way to qualify it's accuracy?

Your ad reads like you need to sell the damn thing so I made some suggestions that might help you.

My shop would be worth about $50,000,000 if I valued everything at 10 cents on the dollar of new price. Get over it. It's worth what someone will pay for it and the market for a big manual non-adjustable 3 jaw ain't that big. If it was a 4 jaw you'd have about 1000 times the market I'd imagine.

Do you have some kind of warranty on this chuck like Bison did? Do you have some way to qualify it's accuracy?

Your ad reads like you need to sell the damn thing so I made some suggestions that might help you.

My shop would be worth about $50,000,000 if I valued everything at 10 cents on the dollar of new price. Get over it. It's worth what someone will pay for it and the market for a big manual non-adjustable 3 jaw ain't that big. If it was a 4 jaw you'd have about 1000 times the market I'd imagine.

Ya, Ill offer money back guarantee on it. I can verify the accuracy for a serious party.

Again.. congrats. You are ultra successful. Lets both hope that when time comes you can get good value for your stuff.
If you're not serious about this chuck, you're free to go help someone else.

It is in poor taste to publically troll ads.
The seller didn't ask for your advise, doubtful he wanted it.
If it was so important to you, send a PM.

From the rules sticky you obviously didn't read.
3. Do not bother someone unless you actually want to (or may want to buy it).
11. Be civil. If you are only interested in trolling it is not welcome.

Back