What's new
What's new

Boice Gage

John Allan

Aluminum

A gage made by Boice Gages of New York that appears to be an indicating length gage. The head has a tenth reading dial indicator with a .030 inch range. The unit has a tapped body that accepts various anvils and extension pieces. By assembling various anvils and extensions the unit will measure from 6 inches to 24 inches, and any size in between. Included is the gage unit, 5 probes of various lengths, 3 small probes, 2 extensions, and what may be a setting piece. Included is a wood box measuring 3” x 5” x 21”. Wood inserts inside the box show damage and crude repairs, but the box itself is in good condition with no apparent damage. $200 OBO

Attachments

• IMG_2206.JPG
    IMG_2206.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_2207.JPG
    IMG_2207.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_2209.JPG
    IMG_2209.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2210.JPG
    IMG_2210.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_2212.JPG
    IMG_2212.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 210
With only .030" travel on the indicator surely only will check every inch from 6" to 24" with nothing in between, yes or no? Reason I ask is it doesn't appear to have enough parts to cover anything but.
Dan

With only .030" travel on the indicator surely only will check every inch from 6" to 24" with nothing in between, yes or no? Reason I ask is it doesn't appear to have enough parts to cover anything but.
Dan

It is a little hard to see in the pictures, but each of the "probes" has over an inch of threaded length that allow adjustments between the "full" inch sizes.

John, I am interested in thi piece. Boice Gages was started and presided over by my grandfather Ralph A Boice. I would like better photos though if possible. It is not possible for me to see the condition of this gage from the photos supplied. Thanks
Peter

Peter, if you click on John Allan's name you'll find there's an option to email him directly. Since he's not been on the forum since September that's probably a better way to get his attention.

Good luck, cool that it was your grandad that started the company. Let us know if you have more info on the stuff he made.

Back