Boice Gage
Close
Login to Your Account

Thread: Boice Gage

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Boice Gage

A gage made by Boice Gages of New York that appears to be an indicating length gage. The head has a tenth reading dial indicator with a .030 inch range. The unit has a tapped body that accepts various anvils and extension pieces. By assembling various anvils and extensions the unit will measure from 6 inches to 24 inches, and any size in between. Included is the gage unit, 5 probes of various lengths, 3 small probes, 2 extensions, and what may be a setting piece. Included is a wood box measuring 3” x 5” x 21”. Wood inserts inside the box show damage and crude repairs, but the box itself is in good condition with no apparent damage. $200 OBO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_2206.jpg   img_2207.jpg   img_2209.jpg   img_2210.jpg   img_2212.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With only .030" travel on the indicator surely only will check every inch from 6" to 24" with nothing in between, yes or no? Reason I ask is it doesn't appear to have enough parts to cover anything but.
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny VanVoorn View Post
    With only .030" travel on the indicator surely only will check every inch from 6" to 24" with nothing in between, yes or no? Reason I ask is it doesn't appear to have enough parts to cover anything but.
    Dan
    It is a little hard to see in the pictures, but each of the "probes" has over an inch of threaded length that allow adjustments between the "full" inch sizes.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, I am interested in thi piece. Boice Gages was started and presided over by my grandfather Ralph A Boice. I would like better photos though if possible. It is not possible for me to see the condition of this gage from the photos supplied. Thanks
    Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Peter, if you click on John Allan's name you'll find there's an option to email him directly. Since he's not been on the forum since September that's probably a better way to get his attention.

Good luck, cool that it was your grandad that started the company. Let us know if you have more info on the stuff he made.

6. Likes Ray Behner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The indicator stand on the right is a Boice. I'll get more photos of it tomorrow.dscn0738.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Posting photos on the vintage forum.