What's new
What's new

Books for sale

rimcanyon

Diamond
I'm posting this mostly as a query: is PM a good place to sell books related to machining, or is nobody reading books any more? I have several hundred available, this list is about 10% or less and is pretty representative of what is available. I'm open to offers that are about half the lowest price on BookFinder.com: New & Used Books, Rare Books, Textbooks, Out of Print.

Treatise on Planers, The Cincinnati Planer Co., 1940, hardbound, very good
Metalworking’s Press Brake and Shear Handbook, Metalworking Magazine, ed. Harold R. Daniels, 1965, hard bound very good
Planing and Milling, Franklin D. Jones, The Industrial Press, 1915, hardbound, very good
Practical Die Making, Colvin, McGraw Hill, First Edition, second impression, 1916, hardbound, very good
Die Designing and Estimating, Watson N. Nordquist, Huebner Publications, 1955, hardbound, very good
A Practical Guide to LP Gas Utilization, Earle A. Clifford, Moore Publishing Co., 1952, Hardbound, very good
The Complete Practical Machinist, Joshua Rose, Lindsay Publications, 2001, isbn 1-55918-246-6, paperback, fine
Machine Work, Theron J. Palmateer, Stanford University Press, 1930, hardbound, very good, with dust jacket
Gear Design and Production, Reginald Trautschold, Columbia Graphs, 1955, hardbound, near fine
Spiral and Worm Gearing, The Industrial Press, 1914, hardbound, very good
The Principles and Practice of Ornamental or Complex Turning, John Jacob Holtzapfel, Dover Publications, 1973, isbn 0-486-26567-6, paperback, fine
Hand or Simple Turning, John Jacob Holtzapfel, Dover Publications, 1976, isbn 0-486-26428-9, paperback, near fine
Turning and Mechanical Manipulation, Vol. 1, John Jacob Holtzapfel, The Astragal Press, 1994, isbn 1-879335-46-8, paperback, near fine
Turning and Mechanical Manipulation, Vol. 2, John Jacob Holtzapfel, The Astragal Press, 1993, isbn 1-879335-39-5, paperback, near fine
Turning and Mechanical Manipulation, Vol. 3, John Jacob Holtzapfel, The Astragal Press, 1994, isbn 1-879335-47-6, paperback, near fine
Machine Design, Hall, Holowenko, Laughlin, Schaum’s Outline Series, McGraw Hill, 1961, isbn 07-025595-4, paperback, very good
The Design and Use of Instruments and Accurate Mechanism, T.N. Whitehead, Dover Publications, 1954, paperback, good
Tool Design and Tool Engineering Handbook, John G. Jergens, self-published, fifth edition, 1965, spiral bound, near fine
Tooling Methods and Ideas, Harold W. Bredin, The Industrial Press, 1967, hardbound, 1967, very good
Dynamics of Machinery, James B. Hartman, McGraw Hill, 1956, hardbound, very good
Timing Belt Drive Engineering Handbook, Richard Y. Case, McGraw Hill, 1954, hardbound, very good
Roebling Cables for the Hudson River Bridge, Frank W. Skinner, paperback, fair condition, ex-library
Change Gear Devices, Oscar E. Perrigo, Norman W. Henley Publishing Co., 1915, hardbound, very good
American Planer, Shaper and Slotter Builders, Kenneth L. Cope, Astragal Press, 2002, isbn 1-931626-04-9, paperback, fine
Steel Making in America, Douglas A. Fisher, U. S. Steel Corp, 1949, hardbound, fair, ex-library
Extracts from Chordal’s Letters, American Machinist Publishing Co., 1909, fair, missing overleaf, otherwise good
Illustrated Machine Tools of 1885, Lindsay Publications, 1981, isbn 0-917914-00-7, paperback, fine
Miniature Ringbom Engines, James R. Senft, Moriya Press, 2000, isbn 0-9652455-3-5, paperback, fine
Scientific American, Vol. LXVI No. 18, April 30, 1892, Newspaper, fair, pages 271-286, great steel plate illustrations
Scientific American Supplement, Vol. XXIX No. 755, June 21, 1890, newspaper, fair, pages 12056-12070, steel plate illustrations
Westinghouse Electrical Maintenance Hints, Westinghouse Electric Corporation, 1974, Library of Congress #74-80010, hardbound, very good

Do you happen to have a complete, decent set of the Machinery’s Mechanical Library 1-12 (by Industrial Press)?

This includes the volumes that you have listed: Spiral and Worm Gearing and Planing and Milling...

Thanks,
David

I would like:
1. the lp gas book
2. extracts from chordal
3. press brake & shear

Please send PM of total $

I would like.

Change Gear Devices, Oscar E. Perrigo, Norman W. Henley Publishing Co

It is $30.00 on ABE would you take $20.00 with shipping?

I'd be interested in these two:

Practical Die Making, Colvin, McGraw Hill, First Edition, second impression, 1916, hardbound, very good
Die Designing and Estimating, Watson N. Nordquist, Huebner Publications, 1955, hardbound, very good

Do you happen to have a complete, decent set of the Machinery’s Mechanical Library 1-12 (by Industrial Press)?

This includes the volumes that you have listed: Spiral and Worm Gearing and Planing and Milling...

Thanks,
David

I may have other volumes, but I don't have a matched set. I will be posting another list of books each day for the next four days, so keep checking.

I'll take the Westinghouse Electrical Maintenance Hints.

I have three copies, all different editions. Here is a photo:

IMG_0869-a.jpg

The one on the left has a 1974 pub date, the other two are undated, but the blue one is probably 60's and the black 40's or 50's.
Price is $14, $12 and $12.

Back