What's new
What's new

Books for sale, list #4

rimcanyon

Diamond
[FONT=&quot]Books #4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Please email me to reserve any of these books for you until after all lists are posted. There is one more list after this one.

Please include your name and address.

[FONT=&quot]Shipping rates are USPS book rates unless I can find a cheaper way. USPS charges $5 for the first five pounds and $.050 per pound after that, roughly speaking.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All prices are approx. half the lowest comparable price on BookFinder.com: New & Used Books, Rare Books, Textbooks, Out of Print.

If the book is rare enough that it doesn't show up on Bookfinder, I've listed my price.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

• The Grinding Wheel, Kenneth B. Lewis, Rumford, 1951, Hardbound, ex-library, good, $13
  • Grinding Wheels and Their Uses, Johnson Heywood, Penton, 1938, Hardbound, good, $5
  • The Machine Tool Primer, Herbert D. Hall, Hardbound, good, $4
  • The Cold Bending of Metals, A Manual of Bending Processes, Wallace Supplies, 1943, hardbound, good, $9
  • Industrial Arts Safety Instruction, Robert L. Woodward, Calif. State Dept. of Education, 1971, paperback, good, $3
  • Technology of Machine Tools, Krar Oswald and St. Amand, McGraw Hill, 1984, isbn 0-07-035425-1, hardbound, very good, $4
  • Industrial Motor Control, NJATC Instructors Guide and Student Workbook, IBEW NECA, 1990, Spiral Bound, good, $15
  • Techniques of Glass Manipulation in Scientific Research, Julius D. Heldman, Prentice Hall, 1947, Hardbound, good, $6
  • Shop Theory, Henry Ford Trade School, McGraw Hill, 1942, Hardbound, good, $5
  • Shop Theory, Henry Ford Trade School, McGraw Hill, 1955, Hardbound, fair, $3
  • Machine Tool Practices Instructors Manual, Kibbe Neely Meyer & White, Wiley, 1976, isbn 0-471-05120-9, paperback, good, $6
  • Machine Tool Practices, Kibbe Neely Meyer & White, Wiley, 1976, isbn 0-471-04331-1, paperback, very good, $5
  • Machine Tools and Machining Practices Vol. 2, White Neely Kibbe & Meyer, Wiley, 1977, isbn 0-471-94036-4, Hardbound, very good, $6
  • Manufacturing Processes Metals and Plastics, Harold V. Johnson, Bennet, 1973, isbn 87002-141-9, hardbound, very good, $5
  • Modern Metalworking, John R. Walker, Goodheart-Willcox, 1965, Hardbound, very good, $4
  • Fundamentals of Press Brake Tooling, Ben L. Rapien, Hanser, 2010, isbn 1-56990-474-x, Hardbound, fine, $35
  • Advanced Grinding Practice, A Treatise on Precision Grinding Methods and the Equipment Used in Modern Grinding Practice, Douglas T. Hamilton, Industrial Press, 1915, Hardbound, fair, front hinge is separating, $5
  • Techniques of Press Working Sheet Metal, Eary & Reed, Prentice Hall, 1958, Hardbound, good, $4
  • Automatic Screw Machines and their Tools, Goodrich & Stanley, McGraw Hill, 1909, good, $6
  • Tool and Gage Work, Goodrich & Stanley, McGraw Hill, 1923, hardbound, very good, $10
  • Grinding Book, Colvin & Stanley, McGraw Hill, 1908, Hardbound, good+, $8
  • Right and Wrong in Milling Practice, Kearney & Trecker, Vol. 1 in Milling Practice Series, 1942, paperback, very good, $5
  • Machine Shop Training Course, Elementary and Advanced Machine Shop Practice for Shop Courses, Schools and Self-Instruction, Vol. 1, Franklin D. Jones, Industrial Press, 1951, Hardbound, very good, $6
  • A Treatise on Milling and Milling Machines, Cincinatti Milling Machine Co., 1951, Hardbound with dust jacket, very good, $16
  • Machine Shop Practice Vol. 1 & 2, Karl Hans Moltrecht, Industrial Press, 1971, isbn 0-8311-1069-4, Hardbound, very good, $12
  • The Advanced Machinist, A Practical and Educational Treatise with Illustrations, William Rogers, Audel, 1903, Hardbound, very good, $12
  • Machine Tools and their Operation, Part 1 Lathes Drills and Drilling Hand and Automatic Screw Machines Screw Machine Tools and Boring, Colvin & Stanley, McGraw Hill, 1922, Hardbound, good, $20
  • Lathe Design Construction and Operation, Oscar E. Perrigo, Wiley, 1916, original edition not the reprint, Hardbound, fair (front hinge is separated, all pages intact), $25
  • Lathe Design Construction and Operation, Oscar E. Perrigo, Wiley, 1917, original edition not the reprint, Hardbound, good+, $35
  • Threading and Forming Thread Data Handbook, Teledyne Landis Machine, 1974, Spiral bound, very good, $50
  • Mechanics Vest Pocket Reference Book, Wolfe & Phelps, Prentice Hall, 1945, paperback, very good, $5
  • Machinists Ready Reference, C. Weingartner, Prakken, 1977, isbn 0-911168-37-0, spiral bound, very good, $16
  • Making and Using Your Own Tools & Workshop Accessories, Tab Books, 1981, isbn 0-8306-0032-9, hardbound, very good, $12
  • American Machinist Basic Machining Series Course III, Turning, Form Cutting, Shaving, Skiving, Cut-off, Beckwith & Assoc., 1976, Spiral Bound, Includes Response Key, Spiral bound, very good, ex-library, $8
  • Machine Shop Methods, Lorus J. Milne, Lindsay Publications reprint of 1950 edition, paperback, very good, $5
  • The Double Seal Piston Ring Handbook for Engineers, Double Seal Ring Co., 1947, hardbound, good, $7
  • Drilling Machines and Practice, ICS, 1927, hardbound, good, $4
  • Planers and Planer Practice, ICS, 1928, very good, $5
  • The Modern Machinist, A Practical Treatise on Modern Machine Shop Methods, John T. Usher, Lindsay Publications 1990 reprint of the 1895 ed., paperback, very good, $5
  • Practical Treatise on Milling and Milling Machines, Brown & Sharpe, 1914, paperback, good, $12
  • Construction and Use of Automatic Screw Machines, Brown & Sharpe, 1957, paperback, good, $10
  • Scotchman Hydraulic Ironworkers Punch Tunnage Calculator, sliding calculator, $5
  • Forming by Draw Bench, Power Rolls and Spinning, Vol. 2 in Bureau of aeronautics Forming Methods, Lindsay Publications reprint of the 1943 edition, paperback, very good, $5
  • Forming by Hydraulic and Crank Presses, Vol. 3 in Bureau of aeronautics Forming Methods, Lindsay Publications reprint of the 1943 edition, paperback, very good, $5
  • Forming by Section and Tube Bending and Forming by Brake, Vol. 1 in Bureau of aeronautics Forming Methods, Lindsay Publications reprint of the 1943 edition, paperback, very good, $5
  • Punch Dies and Tools for Manufacturing in Presses, Joseph V. Woodworth, Lindsay Publications reprint of the 1931 edition, paperback, very good, $10
  • Forming Press Dies and Their Uses for all Press Brakes, Dreis & Krump, Hardbound, good, $6
  • The Electro-Erosion Machining of Metals, Livshits, Butterworths, 1960, translated from Russian, hardbound with dust jacket, very good, $7
  • Simplified Punch and Die Making, Walker & Taylor, MacMillan, 1948, Hardbound, very good, $5
  • Audels Sheet Metal Workers Handy Book for Pattern Layout Men, 1942, Hardbound, good, $15
  • Text-Book of Advanced Machine work, Robert H. Smith, Industrial Education Book Co., 1940, $6
  • Machinery’s Mechanical Library, Volumes 5,6,7 & 11: matching faux-leather binding, Industrial Press, 1916, very good, Modern Tool Making Methods, Diemaking and Die Design, Tools Chucks and Fixtures and Automatic Screw Machines, $44
  • Pressworking of Metals, C.W. Hinman, McGraw Hill, 1941, Hardbound, good, $5
  • The New Encyclopedia of Machine Shop Practice, a Guide to the Principles and Practice of Machine Shop Procedure, George W. Barnwell, Collier, 1941, Hardbound, good, $4
  • Jigs Tools and Fixtures, Philip Gates, Chemical Publishing Co., 1941, Hardbound with parts of the dust cover, very good, $4
  • Precision Sheet Metal Shop Theory, Richard S. Budzik, Howard Sams, 1969, Hardbound, very good, $12

Now I'll be the first in line...

The Cold Bending of Metals, A Manual of Bending Processes, Wallace Supplies, 1943, hardbound, good, $9

Shop Theory, Henry Ford Trade School, McGraw Hill, 1942, Hardbound, good, $5
Shop Theory, Henry Ford Trade School, McGraw Hill, 1955, Hardbound, fair, $3

Machine Tools and Machining Practices Vol. 2, White Neely Kibbe & Meyer, Wiley, 1977, isbn 0-471-94036-4, Hardbound, very good, $6

Advanced Grinding Practice, A Treatise on Precision Grinding Methods and the Equipment Used in Modern Grinding Practice, Douglas T. Hamilton, Industrial Press, 1915, Hardbound, fair, front hinge is separating, $5

Machinists Ready Reference, C. Weingartner, Prakken, 1977, isbn 0-911168-37-0, spiral bound, very good, $16

Making and Using Your Own Tools & Workshop Accessories, Tab Books, 1981, isbn 0-8306-0032-9, hardbound, very good, $12

Simplified Punch and Die Making, Walker & Taylor, MacMillan, 1948, Hardbound, very good, $5

Jigs Tools and Fixtures, Philip Gates, Chemical Publishing Co., 1941, Hardbound with parts of the dust cover, very good, $4

Precision Sheet Metal Shop Theory, Richard S. Budzik, Howard Sams, 1969, Hardbound, very good, $12

please add to my stack:
Machine Shop Practice Vol. 1 & 2, Karl Hans Moltrecht, Industrial Press, 1971, isbn 0-8311-1069-4, Hardbound, very good, $12

Fundamentals of Press Brake Tooling, Ben L. Rapien, Hanser, 2010, isbn 1-56990-474-x, Hardbound, fine, $35

Forming Press Dies and Their Uses for all Press Brakes, Dreis & Krump, Hardbound, good, $6

I would like Precision Sheet Metal Shop Theory, Richard S. Budzik, Howard Sams, 1969, Hardbound, very good, $12

I will take the following if they are not already claimed.

• The New Encyclopedia of Machine Shop Practice, a Guide to the Principles and Practice of Machine Shop Procedure, George W. Barnwell, Collier, 1941, Hardbound, good, $4
• Simplified Punch and Die Making, Walker & Taylor, MacMillan, 1948, Hardbound, very good, $5
• Machine Shop Methods, Lorus J. Milne, Lindsay Publications reprint of 1950 edition, paperback, very good, $5
• A Treatise on Milling and Milling Machines, Cincinatti Milling Machine Co., 1951, Hardbound with dust jacket, very good, $16
• Techniques of Press Working Sheet Metal, Eary & Reed, Prentice Hall, 1958, Hardbound, good, $4
• Advanced Grinding Practice, A Treatise on Precision Grinding Methods and the Equipment Used in Modern Grinding Practice, Douglas T. Hamilton, Industrial Press, 1915, Hardbound, fair, front hinge is separating, $5
• Modern Metalworking, John R. Walker, Goodheart-Willcox, 1965, Hardbound, very good, $4
• The Grinding Wheel, Kenneth B. Lewis, Rumford, 1951, Hardbound, ex-library, good, $13

Now I'll be the first in line...

your OP was just this, and you edited to start adding books after others (gbent) posted his interest, probably didnt see what each other was doing but it happened opposite of what it now looks like.....
I almost wanted that one also but my stack is getting pretty tall already.

I will take the following if they are not already claimed.

These four are already spoken for, but I have added the others to your list. Please email me your shipping address and email. Thank you.

Simplified Punch and Die Making, Walker & Taylor, MacMillan, 1948, Hardbound, very good, $5

Dave, please add

• Audels Sheet Metal Workers Handy Book for Pattern Layout Men, 1942, Hardbound, good, $15
and

The Double Seal Piston Ring Handbook for Engineers, Double Seal Ring Co., 1947, hardbound, good, $7

to my list, thanks.

American Machinist Basic Machining Series Course III, Turning, Form Cutting, Shaving, Skiving, Cut-off, Beckwith & Assoc., 1976, Spiral Bound, Includes Response Key, Spiral bound, very good, ex-library, $8

Jigs Tools and Fixtures, Philip Gates, Chemical Publishing Co., 1941, Hardbound with parts of the dust cover, very good, $4

Precision Sheet Metal Shop Theory, Richard S. Budzik, Howard Sams, 1969, Hardbound, very good, $12

Any of these still available I will take

I would like Precision Sheet Metal Shop Theory, Richard S. Budzik, Howard Sams, 1969, Hardbound, very good, $12

Sorry gbent, it looks like Michael P got there first, just looking at the time stamps of the posts... If either of you know otherwise please let me know.

-Dave

I think this is available:

** Nevermind ** - I checked my bookshelf and found that I have new unread copies of the book!

Side note on the book by Milne - I have a thread gage that was his and is labeled with his name - His widow lived across the street from my parents up in New Hampshire. When she passed my parents ended up helping clean out the house - and as is often the case, machinist tools gravitate to me.

Sorry gbent, it looks like Michael P got there first, just looking at the time stamps of the posts... If either of you know otherwise please let me know.

-Dave
If gbent really wants this book, please send it to him. I'm sure the book will get a good home there. :)

Last edited:
American Machinist Basic Machining Series Course III, Turning, Form Cutting, Shaving, Skiving, Cut-off, Beckwith & Assoc., 1976, Spiral Bound, Includes Response Key, Spiral bound, very good, ex-library, $8

Any of these still available I will take
[FONT=&quot]Precision Sheet Metal Shop Theory and Jigs Tools and Fixtures are spoken for. I've added [FONT=&quot]American Machinist Basic Machining Series Course III, to your list.

Please email me your address and email address.

Thanks.

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT="]Precision Sheet Metal Shop Theory and Jigs Tools and Fixtures are spoken for. I've added [FONT="]American Machinist Basic Machining Series Course III, to your list.

Please email me your address and email address.

Thanks.

[/FONT][/FONT]

And any of the below available

Right and Wrong in Milling Practice, Kearney & Trecker, Vol. 1 in Milling Practice Series, 1942, paperback, very good, $5

Alternating Current Fundamentals, John R. Duff, Delmar, 1961, $3

Introduction to Mechanics, Irving J. Levinson, Prentice Hall, 1968, Hardbound with dust jacket, very good, $3

Machine Tools, Science Museum Catalog of the collection, K. R. Gilbert, Her Majesty's Stationery Office, 1966, paperback, very good, $5

Coyne Electrician's Handbook, Coyne Electrical School, 1945, hardbound, very good, some rubbing on spine, $8

I'd like to add this one to my stack. Thanks!

The New Encyclopedia of Machine Shop Practice, a Guide to the Principles and Practice of Machine Shop Procedure, George W. Barnwell, Collier, 1941, Hardbound, good, $4

Industrial Motor Control, NJATC Instructors Guide and Student Workbook, IBEW NECA, 1990, Spiral Bound, good, $15

Industrial Arts Safety Instruction, Robert L. Woodward, Calif. State Dept. of Education, 1971, paperback, good, $3

To the pile.........

John

Got to be quicker on the draw...

Please add these four to my list:

Forming by Draw Bench, Power Rolls and Spinning, Vol. 2 in Bureau of aeronautics Forming Methods, Lindsay Publications reprint of the 1943 edition, paperback, very good, $5
Forming by Hydraulic and Crank Presses, Vol. 3 in Bureau of aeronautics Forming Methods, Lindsay Publications reprint of the 1943 edition, paperback, very good, $5
Forming by Section and Tube Bending and Forming by Brake, Vol. 1 in Bureau of aeronautics Forming Methods, Lindsay Publications reprint of the 1943 edition, paperback, very good, $5
Pressworking of Metals, C.W. Hinman, McGraw Hill, 1941, Hardbound, good, $5

And any of the below available

Right and Wrong in Milling Practice, Kearney & Trecker, Vol. 1 in Milling Practice Series, 1942, paperback, very good, $5

Alternating Current Fundamentals, John R. Duff, Delmar, 1961, $3

Introduction to Mechanics, Irving J. Levinson, Prentice Hall, 1968, Hardbound with dust jacket, very good, $3

Machine Tools, Science Museum Catalog of the collection, K. R. Gilbert, Her Majesty's Stationery Office, 1966, paperback, very good, $5

Coyne Electrician's Handbook, Coyne Electrical School, 1945, hardbound, very good, some rubbing on spine, $8

This one is spoken for:

• Alternating Current Fundamentals, John R. Duff, Delmar, 1961, $3

The rest were added to your list, thank you.

Back