What's new
What's new

Brazed carbide lathe tools from the MOD 1985

adambucky

Plastic
Haven't posted for a long while, and this thread I would presume would be most suited to the manual lathe people...
Here goes...
In approximately 1985ish we bought I'd estimate 30,000 new carbide lathe tools from ROF Nottingham, infact we bought allsorts including a 30ft between centres DSG with twin saddles and 3 steadied which we still use now (I digress)..
Obviously after being a container for 35 years the shanks have gone rusty, and although its irrelevant I've started clean them up in diesel.... some come out beautiful, others not so as paint is missing but the carbide cutting face is spot on..
All tools made by wimet wickman, firth brown, ardology and so on with extremely hefty brazed carbide because after all these were used by the ROF.. sizes mainly from 5/8" up to 2" with every profile known to man... eventually I will get so many of each profile then i will be selling them at measly £3 each (min buy 5). Or possibly even have an open day sale at our works in colne, Lancashire if there was enough interest which I'm basically gauging off you chaps..
Please see link for a drop in the ocean photos.. as seen the top few are before cleaning... thanks
Lathe tools - Google Photos

Back