What's new
What's new

Bridgeport series II 4hp head and power feed parts for sale cheap, anybody need them?

Glenurban

Plastic
I am converting a series II to a J head, scrapping the 4hp head.
Anybody need some parts off this before I junk it?

The 4hp head is in bad shape, back gear is worn funny, variable sheaves are loose on motor shaft (keyway beat out), quill power feed missing,
but MAYBE some of the other misc bits and pieces may be useful to someone.
The quill seems ok, spindle bearings maybe ok, is NOT drilled for a drawbar.
I will eventually be removing the x/Y powerfeed, but keeping the power knee, it is the old 100v DC motor style.

OR, those that know could tell me which parts to SAVE, as i don't really know.
Hate to throw out anything useful, but I don't have the space to store it forever.

located in colorado springs, CO
[email protected]
719-502-1451

Sorry i do not have ANY of the original electronics at all, I had to make my own power supply to run the Z motor. I do have the big control box that mounts to the head tho.
Sorry I cannot be more clear about what parts I do and do not have, there are so many, and still not sure myself really.

Want the WHOLE head, that's great, it is partly disassembled, and the shipping will be costly.
We'd need need hash out the details, so you know what your getting. A basket case basically.

Does it have the power quill feed on it? Have a friend that has that and is missing the harmonic drive and motor. So that's something he'd have interest in as we're currently working on repairing it.

Regards
Bob

no, or, it's not complete. I think I have the outer hub of the harmonic drive and the brass gear, but not the motor. the motor was smashed, perhaps the head was dropped on it.

Yes the stop rod that goes across the front of the table and the brackets that hold it to the machine. Bill

The stop rod is a Series II Special part. The full, original Series II used stop dogs that mounted in the front tee slot and mechanically moved the feed lever into neutral.

Back