What's new
What's new

Brown and Sharpe intramiks

BobaFettUp

Plastic
(2) 4-5” $350 (2) 6-7” $400 (1) 8-9” $450
Also 60” camelback straight with original box $700.
Open to offers.

0845c0be37feb8247993860c258d9e8f.jpg

3db522e1c8be7c910dac1e6362921a68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
68d056058caf6e3bbf51fde6de04690c.jpg

It would help to know something of the quality of the surface of the straightedge. If it's been verified, that's probably a reasonable deal. If worn, warped or unknown it's more of a project for someone who can fix it or get it fixed (more time and money).

It would help to know something of the quality of the surface of the straightedge. If it's been verified, that's probably a reasonable deal. If worn, warped or unknown it's more of a project for someone who can fix it or get it fixed (more time and money).

It is in very good shape, I can try to put it on the cmm but I’d only be able to do 20” at a time. Otherwise it is very flat using my other straight edges

It is in very good shape, I can try to put it on the cmm but I’d only be able to do 20” at a time. Otherwise it is very flat using my other straight edges

If you don't know how you check a straightedge you should assume it is not in great shape.

The giant chunk of iron cracked out of the top suggests it is not in perfect condition. Even if it is perfectly usable, that damage detracts significantly from "perfect".

Read the rules before posting. No one has time for the cheap seat comments

Great shape yes, I never had mentioned perfect. It is flat and straight. Don’t like it, don’t buy it, keep it to yourself.

Read the rules before posting. No one has time for the cheap seat comments

Great shape yes, I never had mentioned perfect. It is flat and straight. Don’t like it, don’t buy it, keep it to yourself.

Ok then, How do you know it's great shape? I'd love to know WTF a CMM has to do with qualifying a straight edge?

Again read the rules before posting in this forum.

If you are not interested in purchasing this item you have nothing to worry about. I’ve used this item for 15 years and has served me and my customers very well

The OP may find it useful to print the base of that straight edge off a known good, in current certification surface plate. Show a pic of that print and most questions are answered.

When I bought my 60” Challenge straight edge, I choose to buy unknown quality and re scrape it myself. Took the risk of a cracked dud. But that was also just $150 plus shipping.

L7

Again read the rules before posting in this forum.

If you are not interested in purchasing this item you have nothing to worry about. I’ve used this item for 15 years and has served me and my customers very well

Per forum rules:

9. Be realistic with conditions and research your market. If you sandblast an item and slather it with paint, things are not going to go well for you.

Back