What's new
What's new

Chandler Duplex Boring / Facing head Moore Jig Borer mandrel

mcbassin

Aluminum
I have a nice used Chandler Duplex boring and facing head. $150+$10 for shipping. Personal Paypal or add 3% for fee, money order or cash.

It is in good working order. Notice the original knurled screw was
replaced at some point with a Phillips head. It has a Tapered shaft for a Moore Jig bore. I can turn this tapered shaft straight down to whatever size you want add $20
chandler.jpgchandler1.jpgchandler2.jpg

Duplex Catalog click here

Last edited:
I am not interested in the boring head as I have a few. I love my large CD Boring head. Dead nuts accurate and a pleasure to work with. My question was, is this shank integral or will it change out for a standard taper? May help with your sale;-)

I am not interested in the boring head as I have a few. I love my large CD Boring head. Dead nuts accurate and a pleasure to work with. My question was, is this shank integral or will it change out for a standard taper? May help with your sale;-)

Thanks for checking it out. It has the threaded shaft. I was able to unscrew it quite easily. I could turn it down to any size the buyer wants for additional $20. Or the buyer could easily turn it down for free in their own lathe.
Here are some pics.

photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg

Be sort of a shame to waste that shank by turning it down.. But, really none of my biz, I suppose..

Might be a bit of a challenge, also.. Some shanks are fairly hard, possibly induction hardened..

Back