What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Taper Attachment, LT24 lathe

JohnnyJohnsoninWI

Hot Rolled
For sale is a very nice taper attachment for a 1951 Cincinnati model LT24 Standard lathe. The lathe had a 24" swing, 0/Bed 27.5", O/XSL 18.25".
The taper attachment is one heavy chunk of cast iron, I estimate at 300 pounds.
The long rod which screws in to the end is bent slightly (less than 5-degrees), but works fine.
The gib screw is bent at the head and a small portion of C/I surrounding the screw has broken away. I've attached a close-up of this area.

Price is $300 plus shipping. If you can pick it up, I'll load for free. I'm located 40 miles north of Madison, WI.
This item will be listed on ebay next week or as soon as I get around to it.

Thanks,

John

TAtop_11.jpg

TAoblique_10.jpg

TAfront_9.jpg

TAdegrees_8.jpg

TAbreak_7.jpg

TAbottom_6.jpg

Hi John,

I have a Cincinnati tray top 26 x 84. Do you think it will fit? Can you give me the dimensions of the mounting holes in distance. you can reach me by email @ [email protected] or my cell @ 607-397-9269 Thank you.

Best,

Mark

Mounting dimensions

Hi Labman,

I have never laid eyes upon a traytop lathe, so I can not answer your question. However, I can provide the information necessary for you to answer it yourself.

In the third picture from the top, you can see the mounting surface of the TA. This rectangular surface is 30 1/8" x 5 5/8". There are four 5/8" bolt holes and two ~5/16 tapered pin holes.

Using the upper left corner as (0,0) the bolt holes are 1 11/16 down from the top. The first hole is located at x=2 5/16". Center to center distance for the next three holes are 8 1/4, 9, and 8 1/4".

The tapered pin holes are 1 1/2" down from the top. The first hole is located at x=1 1/16 and the c-t-c distance is 28".

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

John

Back