What's new
What's new

CNC tooling - arbors? Boring bars?

Rex TX

Titanium
[FONT=&quot]New tooling - arbors, boring bars? Estimated 15" long.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Not sure what these are. They are new, wax sealed as shown.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have 6 or 7 pieces[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Prefer not to ship, as these will be difficult to pack.

$50 each local pickup in Fort Worth TX.
Or we can work out something on shipping.
[/FONT]IMG_0131.jpgIMG_0126.jpgIMG_0127.jpgIMG_0128.jpgIMG_0129.jpg

The MNTB bars are useful to a very limited audience if you will identify them. They appear to be DeVlieg bars. You uncovered one size, post the part number. The other four appear to be Sunstrand 2" straight shank extended length face mill holders. If so, given the low price of scrap, their value is basically negative where they set.

What's with all the yellow paint on top of the protective wax ?
Were these pulled from production for being bent/worn ?

The MNTB bars are useful to a very limited audience if you will identify them. They appear to be DeVlieg bars. You uncovered one size, post the part number. The other four appear to be Sunstrand 2" straight shank extended length face mill holders. If so, given the low price of scrap, their value is basically negative where they set.

That's helpful, thanks. I'll run out to the shop and get numbers off them.

I figure there is always someone out there looking for just about anything. I hate to scrap something with out trying to find "that guy".

More info, photos

IMG_0631.jpgIMG_0634.jpgIMG_0635.jpgIMG_0633.jpgIMG_0632.jpg

I peeled the wax off enough to read the markings:

FlashChange Microbore toolingFrankenmuth MI

TH50FC-62. (3ea) Taper mount, boring bar?

SU-S200-70 (4ea) This appears to be an arbor.

Condition of these is perfect. If they are 50 years old, I'm going to find out what that wax is and apply it daily to my skin ;)

LOL Not depressed. That's about what I have in them. Maybe I'll run them across the 'bay and see if anything jumps out. You never know!

Just hate to scrap something that's nice and shiney :)

I use the Devleig microbore stuff still, but only because I bought a pallet of it NOS from an Aerospace co. I paid $10 for that pallet BTW.

Those holders really aren't worth a damn thing without the inserts.

Kinda like the 30" long MT6 spade holder with a chipped spade insert I picked up two days ago. Paid 10 cents for it.

Back