What's new
What's new

collets -toolholder ID or FS

Jim Moser

Hot Rolled
I would like to ID these collets and toolholder so I can ebay them or take reasonable offer from members.Collets are 1.594 in long and small Diam is 1.574. looks like H and Y stamped together in a couple places.The toolholder is marked Bridgeport and Erickson B-128544 and has a small triangle insert maybe 2 series clamp style with a vernier adjustment of cutting angle.
Thanks Jim
http://photobucket.com/albums/v478/tradewinds/posting%20picts/?sc=1

I will take a stab at the toolholder. It is an erickson "tenthset" bar. Very similiar to a Devlieg microbore, but can be set from the insert side with a wrench. I can't see the shank very well, but it looks like a 40 taper. The bad news is I think it has a shank made for a Bridgeport BTC II CNC machine. The pull stud is integral to the shank, and there is an extra set of flanges where the tool changer arm gripped the tool shank. The boring cartridge is probably worth something. If you ebay it, mention you will ship just the cartridge and will throw out the bar if desired. I'm guessing that is a #3 size unit.

JIM: gbent is right on the money as far as the boring head goes. its an erickson tenthset. the collets fit bardons and oliver turret lathes. either a #1 or #2. not worth much in my opinion as they are out of buisness for many years. but you never know who still has one in there shop thats running. good luck. kenny

Back