What's new
What's new

Continental F245 Engine -Rebuilt

ewlsey

Diamond
I have a Continental F245 flathead 6 cylinder engine. This engine came from a Clark forklift. I removed the engine to rebuild it. Unfortunately, I found so many other issues with the lift that we ended up scrapping it. However, the machine work on the engine had already been done and I already had the new parts. So, I put went ahead and put the engine together with the hopes that I would find another lift that needed it. But, it has not happened.

I have videos of the engine running and documenting the rebuild process.

The main journals were line bored. The cylinders were bored .030 over. Valve seats were ground, new valves and guides.

New pistons, rings, rods, mains, wrist pin bushings, head bolts, plugs/wires, etc.

Complete engine with propane carb, ignition system, start, etc. Has Pertronix electronic ignition.

Front cover is for a Clark. It can be converted to whatever application you need with the appropriate parts. I can help with this if needed.

I also have the Delco alternator and water pump/thermostat housing if you want them. I've got the power steering and main hydraulic pump too.

I've got a lot of money tied up in this engine. Parts for these old Continentals are not cheap.

I'd like to get $2,200 for it. That will almost cover what I have invested minus labor. It's on a pallet and I can ship it anywhere.

Would consider trades for another large forklift (12,000lb or more capacity).

001.jpg 002.jpg

A reman long block is $2,750 from the usual suspects. I'm selling a complete running engine for less than that. But still no takers.

Hi.

Just playing with an idea ...

How many HP does that engine produce? I know it has sold but got thinking if similar propane engine could work for an irrigation pump or 30-45kva generator. Any idea what fuel consumption that would run at say 3/4 max torque
I saw a propane/ natural gas genset many years ago at Foremost, salvage store in Richmond. Was quite a big guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any one know of a f245 continental available looking for a rebuildable one for a clark forklift. motor that came out had weak walls from the water jacket side. Mahalo

I sure could use it if it were available.
1c6e2410188a8f30fc85fc3844e5ebd5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gonna try, I have another Allis forklift I was going to use the engine, but its way different I am working on getting this one out to start rebuilding it.

Back