What's new
What's new

D1-5 & D1-6 Chucks & Faceplates, Cat40 JT33 arbor, NMTB40 1" horizontal arbor

GrantA

Aluminum

I will be listing a good bit of stuff here over the next week or so, they are either excess or do not fit any of my machines.
I will ship by USPS or FedEx where sensible or if you want multiple items I can wrap up a pallet- I get excellent LTL rates. I'm listing prices as shipped, these are heavy so that's in the continental US, I'll need to run quotes for AK, HI etc and see what we're looking at.

Everything is negotiable, I need space, and some cash in the bank.
**I'll happily entertain trades, 50taper stuff (especially a boring head!), B&S #9 tooling, big indexable face mills, gauge pins, not sure what else but try me!

First up D1-5:
South Bend SB1227 10" D1-5 4-jaw chuck new in the box, $600 shipped
New D1-5 10" faceplate $125 shipped
Colors match on the faceplate and they were in the same crate so I assume they are also South Bend. I cut the bubble wrap to put calipers on the pins to verify mount.

South Bend SB1228 10" D1-6 4-jaw chuck, as-new, I don't see any signs of use and I'm happy to get more detailed pictures just ask, $600 shipped
2 new D1-6 12' faceplates, $125 shipped each
VDb8tBL5RCOevfv5L3n+ng.jpg

Next is a Chinese 4-jaw, D1-5 and a D1-5 back plate with 2 threaded holes 180deg apart. $250 shipped for both
HlhsWQQPQ5KYp4oa0RgLBw.jpg
JPHtjnhCR26w6aocBgUpWg.jpg

Here's a Kennametal Cat40 JT33 drill chuck arbor, it appears new. $60 shipped
T8V9FeDeRUihRHbI7asShw.jpg

Last for now, a NMTB40 horizontal arbor, 1" shank right at 15-1/2" long from the flange. Marked HS-41B14-3 POLAND. $75 shipped
0ab727f6efc91813e69b0c5422c59946.jpg

Thanks for looking! I'll have some dogs and more faceplates listed soon as well as steady & follow rests, more chucks, good stuff.

Oops sorry I cleared out some messages from my inbox. I'll get you some pics today, I only peeled the plastic back enough to measure a pin so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can I get more on the D1-6 faceplates? just to confirm, they are blank chuck back plates, yes? new or used? any info an brand or material? (cast iron, or steel?) all pins intact and in good condition? photos? thanks, cy

Cy, no they are slotted faceplates. The SB ones are new with cosmoline or whatever the coated them with. I’ll peel back the plastic for more pics today and update.

I don't think I have any d1-6 backplates but will doublecheck when I get to the shop in a bit

ok copy,faceplates. thanks, I'm looking for back plates.

OK Cy, I don't have any blank back plates in D1-6 however I made a mistake in my post (and can't edit) the Chinese 4-jaw and back plate pictured above are actually D1-6 and I have another of the same back plate from that picture which is still in plastic with 2 pins (what the heck mounts onto 2 pins like that it's bugging me??)
Here's a pic of the one in plastic and a pic of the one shown in the original post with a tape measure across it.
let me know if interested in one or both
92d7b9e911d17cd3f6400590406e7ef9.jpg

f5ada0c587ecd44c1a725fa69e5936a2.jpg

I will be listing a good bit of stuff here over the next week or so, they are either excess or do not fit any of my machines.
I will ship by USPS or FedEx where sensible or if you want multiple items I can wrap up a pallet- I get excellent LTL rates. I'm listing prices as shipped, these are heavy so that's in the continental US, I'll need to run quotes for AK, HI etc and see what we're looking at.

Everything is negotiable, I need space, and some cash in the bank.
**I'll happily entertain trades, 50taper stuff (especially a boring head!), B&S #9 tooling, big indexable face mills, gauge pins, not sure what else but try me!

First up D1-5:
South Bend SB1227 10" D1-5 4-jaw chuck new in the box, $600 shipped
New D1-5 10" faceplate $125 shipped
Colors match on the faceplate and they were in the same crate so I assume they are also South Bend. I cut the bubble wrap to put calipers on the pins to verify mount.

South Bend SB1228 10" D1-6 4-jaw chuck, as-new, I don't see any signs of use and I'm happy to get more detailed pictures just ask, $600 shipped
2 new D1-6 12' faceplates, $125 shipped each
View attachment 270180

Next is a Chinese 4-jaw, D1-5 and a D1-5 back plate with 2 threaded holes 180deg apart. $250 shipped for both
View attachment 270181
View attachment 270182

Here's a Kennametal Cat40 JT33 drill chuck arbor, it appears new. $60 shipped
View attachment 270183

Last for now, a NMTB40 horizontal arbor, 1" shank right at 15-1/2" long from the flange. Marked HS-41B14-3 POLAND. $75 shipped
View attachment 270184

Thanks for looking! I'll have some dogs and more faceplates listed soon as well as steady & follow rests, more chucks, good stuff.
Cy, no they are slotted faceplates. The SB ones are new with cosmoline or whatever the coated them with. I’ll peel back the plastic for more pics today and update.

I assume that the D1-6 face plates are gone. Right?

Back