What's new
What's new

Depth Mics / Depth Gauge F/S

EricV

Plastic
I have the following Depth Mics and a Depth Gauge for sale. I'm happy to take any pictures you want of an item, but we'll do that via email for simplicity. Pic of item is the actual item for sale. If you think my price is too high, PM me and tell me why. If you're a serious buyer, feel free to do it in the thread or make me an offer. No harm, no foul.

Mitutoyo 0-12" Dial Depth Gage Series 527-with Fine Adjustment. Dial reading: .001” 4" base. Has a 7" accessory bar attached to base. $100
(needs a new plastic bezel) Bezel is there, just shrunk as they do with age and is loose.
DSCN3454.jpg
DSCN3457.jpg

Mitutoyo 0-6" Depth Mic set in case. DMC4-6" 129-132 Rotating rods. 4" base. $150
DSCN3482.jpg

Starrett 0-6" Depth Mic set in case. Mdl 449 Non-Rotating. 2.5" base. $150
DSCN3468.jpg

Scherr-Tomico Depth Mic w/9" Groove rod. No case, no other rods. 2.5" base. $65
DSCN3454.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN3486.jpg
    DSCN3486.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
On the Mitutoyo Dial Depth Gauge, I should have more correctly said lens or plastic cover on the face, not "bezel". It's still captive, but I suspect it may fall out easily during use. I have not tried to remove it.

EricV: Perhaps you missed it, but you need to read the stickies at the top of this sub-forum. Especially, rule 5. You may have noticed you have had over 300 people read this post, but no bites. Good luck.

JH

Thanks for your input. Yes, I do have a for sale post. Yes, I've made some other posts too. I'm not spamming the forum with for sale posts or selling anything except what I personally own. I retired, kept my tools for a while and now I don't need everything since I don't have the space to build a shop, though that would have been nice. I asked the mod first before starting this thread. He said to put it here.

Honestly, I'm probably not the best guy for Practical Machinist since I'm no longer in the industry and will probably find the hobby site more my speed. I just moved and am a little busy right now, so not hanging out on any forums a ton just now, so pardon me for not contributing more. And I'm not going to just post drivel. If I have honest knowledge, I'll post. If I'm ignorant of the topic, it's read only.

No, I'm not known here yet. Maybe I won't hang around long enough to get known. I'm also not just here to sell stuff. 30+ years in the trade, I may have picked up a couple of things along the way that might help others.

Edit - And I sure as heck can learn from the people here too!

Back