What's new
What's new

Di-acro springwinder

Includes typically missing parts such as cam lock winding handle; + Manual, wire holder, end support for small arbors. Also optional "Hook-Kon Spring Looping Tool". "Hook-Kon" has only the smaller of the 2 available size anvils, for .025 and smaller wire. Looks like it would handle slightly bigger, or could be modified to the larger .062 size (max rating). 2 arbors, 1/4 & 3/8". Arbors are simply 12" lengths of drill rod so can be sourced anywhere. sizes larger than 3/4" dia require one end of rod reduced to 3/4" dia to fit the cam-loc winding handle.

Acquired when i was making locks but sourced commercial springs, so never used it.

Located Elmira, NY
$385
Discount for pick-up in person.

email responses please. PM box fills up too fast and i forget to check it.

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

Thanks for looking.

smt
ehmcofab at g mail dot com

Thanks, Lazz -

My email is at bottom of 1st post. PM's don't work for me because i forget to check which naturally aggravates people. Then box fills up too fast & blocks others.

One guy in front of you from last week, shipping is a killer. But i will check shipping to your zip as well.

Thanks!
smt

I got both of those sir...
My zip code is 85029
You sir, somewhere in the depths of the interwebs have an email from me. It talks about the flat rate boxes both insured for the total. And a delay in shipping unitl the 25th and 26th...

Other wise let me know the total and your preferred method of receiving funds... paypal or a mailed money order.
And I will get those funds on their way to you...

I assume you now have a sale.
I would like to encourage the buyer to build some springs and make a video and share a post here somewhere. I always wanted to see that DiAcro in action. (I make flat springs with a Richards Bender)
Good luck.

Today the second box arrived....

Lets just say this was like the Christmas my bother and I welded a box closed for dad....

Well packed with zero chance for damage...
I learned a couple new tricks for packaging weird objects.

Thank you Stephen Thomas
I will put this wonderful example of vintage tool to use. My mother in law has ordered new springs for her walker brakes.

Yeah I know no pictures and it didnt happen...
The camera is lost for the moment. I took pictures and left it out side... Somewhere...

Thanks for that! I just got one of those winders. It’s a bit dirty and rusty, but should be fine once cleaned up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely done on that video! Very informative, without need of commentary, and quite well presented!

And a resounding "Thank You!" for having the music levels down low enough to actually hear the noises of what is going on, as well as choosing a very quiet and mellow piece of music too! Really starting to hate videos that ram the music down your ears!

One of the tricks to using a spring winder is selecting the mandrel diameter and setting the tension adjustment. Those two factors determine the final diameter of the spring. The spring inner diameter will always be larger than the mandrel, but the tension will affect how much larger. Because the wire coils expand when the crank is released, it is also tricky to control how many coils a compression spring with closed coils at both ends will have. If any of these factors are critical, I usually have to experiment with the variables before getting a good result.

A simple way to get a closed coil on the end of a compression spring is to wind the spring long and cut it a little longer than the desired final length. Then heat a flat steel bar in a vise to red heat. Press the ends of the spring against the hot bar, allowing the end coil to soften and collapse against the next coil. If desired, the ends of the spring can then be ground flat, square with the axis. The flattened end coil does not flex when the spring is compressed in use, so the fact that it has been heated does not matter.

Larry

Back