What's new
What's new

Doall gage stand $75.00 plus shipping

CBlair

Diamond
If you want a heavy duty transfer gage this is the one for you. Built to last two lifetimes and to be stable and rigid enough for use with LVDT sensors or the most sensitive of gages. At 19" tall and just shy of 20lbs this is a beast.

Shipping will be high for this thing as packaging and shipping charges will be about $40+. I only ship UPS and will get a shipping quote once I have your address.

I havent seen another one of these as clean, only a couple of paint chips on the corners this thing is ready to work. I got this years ago in hopes of having a larger granite surface plate but I never did get one and I dont need to keep it any longer.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Ok how do we fix the photos, they were not sideways when I loaded them?

Charles

Attachments

• doall indicator 4.jpg
    doall indicator 4.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 236
  • doall indicator 2.jpg
    doall indicator 2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 192
  • doall indicator 3.jpg
    doall indicator 3.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 204
That’s a nice gage stand CB, I really like the rack feature.

I paid similar 35 years ago for my federal & it got a lot of use on horizontal boring mills making setups. Similar weight to yours & with the backside being rounded it could be used as a square after setting to a reference. Depending on the rig geometry the little adjustment screw can divide a tenth easily.

Good luck, (prolly don’t need it though)
Matt

Attachments

• Federal_Comp1.jpg
    Federal_Comp1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Federal_Comp2.jpg
    Federal_Comp2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 107
  • Federal_Comp_Square.jpg
    Federal_Comp_Square.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 101
That is really clean Matt thanks for sharing, I kind of like it better than the Doall. Not as bulky, still the Doall was a beast and you could beat it with a (small) stick and the indicator wouldnt move.

I have another tall one I will be posting later tonight. I dont know who made it and it isnt as beefy as the Doall but still a nice tall heavy based indicator stand.

Charles

Matt, if you decide to sell yours please let me know.

Lucky7

Thanks for the offer Lucky, even though I need to think about losing weight brian_machine asked above first.

CB posted another one that’d do what I do with mine, it just doesn’t have the massive snugs. Pretty sure his bar on the front could be used to reconcile square also depending on how it works. Maybe even easier → verdict transfer stand for sale $45 plus shipping

Good luck,
Matt

Matt, Lucky7

I have another style that I am not selling but it is also very heavy duty and easy to use. I have seen a few of these or ones like it on ebay for not much money. The is 21 in high and has a neat feature, the vertical adjustment is by a friction wheel that rides in the slot on the vertical beam. This works so well that I dont use the break to lock it down, it just sits where you leave it and can be adjusted in very small increments.

I have some other plans for this one so it isnt for sale but perhaps one of you would know who made it? I have never found any markings on it nor seen another one with a manufacturers name on it.

Charles

Attachments

• tall gage stand 1.jpg
    tall gage stand 1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 74
  • tall gage stand 2.jpg
    tall gage stand 2.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 79
  • tall gage stand 3.jpg
    tall gage stand 3.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 65
Never seen one like that, the friction wheel idea is really cool. Have you ever tested that against a square? If it’s good that’d be awesome.

The 3/4” bar looks close to the federal except mine has fine threads in it.

Good luck,
Matt

Matt, Lucky7

I have another style that I am not selling but it is also very heavy duty and easy to use. I have seen a few of these or ones like it on ebay for not much money. The is 21 in high and has a neat feature, the vertical adjustment is by a friction wheel that rides in the slot on the vertical beam. This works so well that I dont use the break to lock it down, it just sits where you leave it and can be adjusted in very small increments.

I have some other plans for this one so it isnt for sale but perhaps one of you would know who made it? I have never found any markings on it nor seen another one with a manufacturers name on it.

Charles

Any idea who made that? I'm hunting for something like that as well.

Back