Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You might want to think about who you are trying to market to. The hobbiest or small shop doesn't get the discountd that a large dollar purchasing shop does so a 50% discount off list price might seem like a good deal if you need it. A large dollar purchasing shop is probably already getting a 30-70% discount. So your 50% discount is just normal price.
    I just got a quote Friday and my normal price is 35% discount if I buy 10 at a time of each line item there is another 30% plus free shipping. This was on some higher priced inserts for cutting 65 rc hardened parts.
    You will just have to figure out who will be buying your items and what they are willing to pay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    You sound like you rank right up there with:
    1. Herbert R. Tarlec
    2. Kenny Tarmac

Too bad this site has let in all the scammers in the sales area,
    can't even follow the rules the Owner set up years ago. No rating systems
    have a tendency to doo things like this (and pre-occupied on twin deetroit
    12-v71's does as well)
    Maybe you have a Starret precision level you want to unload ? Cheap ?
    What I don't get is when people are informed of the rules then get all nasty and still don't get tossed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I sold tools for 20 years, I know how the discount pricing works. Cutter bodies and do not have the margins in them that inserts do. Typically 20%. Tungsten milling extensions, same thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From what I can tell I posted in the wrong forum. This one seems to be set up just to sell tooling and other related things, correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDel View Post
    From what I can tell I posted in the wrong forum. This one seems to be set up just to sell tooling and other related things, correct?
    Yes to your question. The problem is on E-bay you are competing with E-bay sellers. Some of the stuff has been acquired at auctions at very low prices, other stuff has probably walked off from someone's day job. Then you have the cheap Chinese knock-offs and with tool holders the people selling name brand slightly used.

Most people go to E-bay to find bargains, no one is going to risk buying there, especially from a newbie for a small discount off of retail.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ebay is fine if you are a buyer. If you are a seller, the fees are high, unless you offer free shipping you get dinged, and most important, you are buying sight unseen. For those who like to know what we are getting, traditional distributors are better even if the cost is a bit more.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

listen,

if anyone on this site needs tools I got them.

I have a bunch of taps endmills inserts drills I got a whole warehouse full I am trying to get rid of.

email me @ [email protected]. my name is chris.

65152057_104095144212152_5779620894750015488_n.jpged5.jpglive-center.jpgend-mill-3.jpgnorton2.jpg

this isn't even a dent.i have a ton more I can get you some really good deals on tooling.

no bs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Shit, I buy tooling off ebay all the time, nearly exclusively. However, I'm not an idiot, and know that "list prices" especially MSC prices, mean jack shit. I'm also aware that the big old brand names that used to carry infinite weight, aren't always the "best" performing anymore.

I certainly wont pay more for NOS "X" big brand, when I can often get new stock, better performing, with newer coatings, etc. for less, from a smaller, domestic outfit.

Regardless, I'm definitely going to sort by price+shipping, scroll through for a few mins, and find the best price, on an option I'm familiar with, check the seller feedback quickly, and make sure I'm not missing a better deal on a lot instead of a single piece, etc.

I've had mostly great experiences with this system. Now, have I bought odd-balls, or even shit I didn't need from individuals when the deal was easy to make and the price lower than anywhere else? Definitely. However, the moment someone tries to convince me it's a good deal, by citing "list price", I'm immediately suspicious, and it's almost *NEVER* a good deal.

Used indexable tooling is worth scrap price IMO, unless you've got a bunch of good quality, matched inserts, with specifics about them. I've got hundreds of inserts that goes to some odd-ball semi-proprietary tool, from some manufacturer that was more concerned with forcing repeat business, than making it easy for the customer to continue using the tool after they discontinued whatever bullshit series of inserts it used. Don't care what the cost of the holder was, unless it's new, uses really easily and cheaply available yet high performing ubiquitous inserts, and there isn't another similar one available for less from another decent vendor, who cares?

Now, specialty cutters, of certain types, that you know what they are, and what they're used for, in new condition, may be a different story. I've paid near actual (street price, not catalog) retail for high end solid carbide dovetail cutters of certain configuration, and they're hard to find, but I use them a lot. Convex and concave radius cutters also, but hell, shopping around, I found better quality, new solid carbide ones, from Harvey Tool, at their catalog price, for half as much as any other major tooling house wanted, or the same price as a junk import one. Once again, proving to my mind, that only suckers pay retail.

9. Likes L Vanice liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BSR_33 View Post
    listen,

I have a bunch of taps endmills inserts drills I got a whole warehouse full I am trying to get rid of.

65152057_104095144212152_5779620894750015488_n.jpged5.jpglive-center.jpgend-mill-3.jpgnorton2.jpg

this isn't even a dent.i have a ton more I can get you some really good deals on tooling.

no bs.
    No class to hijack someone's thread to sell, especially from a newbie who just joined to use this as free E-bay.

11. Likes digger doug, L Vanice liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    No class to hijack someone's thread to sell, especially from a newbie who just joined to use this as free E-bay.
    Naw....let the (2) spammers fight to the death.
    I find most spammers are quite cannibalistic.

Sort of a "Win-Win" eh ?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BSR_33 View Post
    listen,

no bs.
    As long as it's a really good deal. I'll take all of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do not mind him hijacking the thread. I wish I had the working capital to take him up on what he is selling.

I would be cautious about selling the bonded abrasives. They dry out and become dangerous after just a few years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

FWIW, I have lowered much of my pricing (I have not gotten to all of it yet) and got my shipping in line. Also, I have just listed a pretty good amount of CAT40 & CAT50 toolholders, and the pricing is pretty good considering the quality (Talon). I also have some straight shank and R8 holders I have not listed, and an entire slew of BT holders I have not posted yet. Give me a shout if you are interested.