What's new
What's new

Dynabrade Die Grinder Extended Reach NIB $250 Louisville, KY

I can't...I'm not a machinist...just a lowly fabricator :)

I can give you a refund if it doesn't meet your needs; provided you pay for return shipping.

I'm thinkin someone was considering this as a add onto a slower speed spindle of a mill.....
I'd be interested to if the future owner is more than a fabricator(not meant as a jab to the op), we all have our specialties

I doubt that they would be useful for milling work. Runout will probably not be anything to write home about and they're pretty low powered unless using tiny endmills - which require near zero runout. Normally these are used for reaching into nearly inaccessible areas for grinding with carbide burrs or mounted points - think reaching into auto engine intake and exhaust ports for porting work.

1. I expect to have a number of these for some period of time, so if you're seeing this 6 months+ down the road feel free to contact me.

2. I will trade for quality sheet metal (or other metal working) equipment...partial trade or otherwise.

Thanks

I'm thinkin someone was considering this as a add onto a slower speed spindle of a mill.....
I'd be interested to if the future owner is more than a fabricator(not meant as a jab to the op), we all have our specialties

I was thinking this would be a good (read cheap) fit for permanently mounting into a tool holder for the lathe. I have a project at the moment making some 0.25in end features on some small parts and was shying away from using my electric NSK. I think I'll just use the NSK and take it easy. Should be fine.

"I was thinking this would be a good (read cheap) fit for permanently mounting into a tool holder for the lathe"

I've done something similar with a Makita electric. Mounting was "backyard mechanic with a hangover", but it worked for the few pieces

Does the entire extended section rotate on these units? Or is that a supporting sleeve that is fixed to the body and carries bearings?

Does the entire extended section rotate on these units? Or is that a supporting sleeve that is fixed to the body and carries bearings?
The shaft sleeve does not rotate. Here's the manual with an exploded view.

https://www17.dynabrade.com/get-manual.php?c=PD15.03R

Dynabrade make excellent products, if a person was going to mount to a toolpost, that one would probably be a good choice. A nice round 3/4" diameter to grab onto- and 3 bearings on that shaft, 2 at the business end and one on the motor end- pretty good support for the shaft inside.

Back