9UoNYOF.jpg

rLyvHAE.jpg

ECi3TQX.jpg

6HjOO0N.jpg

9zvVSnq.jpg

XnpzVwk.jpg

rwrt7Hw.jpg

jU4bGUR.jpg

Everything except motors, encoders, limit switches and spindle drive.

$2000... will also consider trade of other machine shop or gunsmith related tooling and equipment . Pick up is preferred, but shipping can be arranged at buyers expense.
Send P.M. if you're interested.

Located 20 min east of Akron, Ohio

This sale is for a complete dynapath cnc control package removed from a knee mill. It will include the manual, console, cabinet, D.C. power supply, servo amplifiers and everything else in the cabinet. It runs on 240v or 480v.

The Dynapath system works great and has been trouble free since I purchased the mill earlier this year. The power supply was replaced with a new Mean Well unit sometime before I bought the mill.

This machine came from a large, well known shop and appears to have been well maintained and seen very little use.

I removed this control from service due to a glitchy X axis servo amplifier. When power is supplied to the amplifiers, all 3 amps power up fine. After roughly 45 seconds, the X axis board would shut down and the (temp/RMS) l.e.d. would be illuminated. This began to happen on about 70% of machine start-up's.

I checked for shorts and could find none, I checked the DC supply voltage and it was fine. I swapped the boards around and the issue followed the board.

I could no longer afford the downtime, so I replaced this control with a Centroid all-in-one-dc system. I already had this wired up in another cabinet, so I swapped out the whole unit.

I took pictures and made notes of everything I had disconnected during removal which was kept to the bare minimum. I also tagged wires to provide the purchaser with an easier install. 3 pairs of db9 plugs will be included to provide you with a clean way to wire in your encoders.

This control provided power to (3) Baldor 28 in/lb motors with 1000 line encoders which are not included with this sale.

I will include 2 servo amplifiers I had saved from an old Anilam cnc system before it was scrapped. I'm not sure if they are interchangeable with the servo dynamics boards or not, but they're yours if you want them.

The control has already been removed from the machine, but power can still be supplied to check basic computer functions in person if you'd like.

Thank you for looking,

- John

Thank you for looking,
For anyone less than seventy, these came from Dynapath as a complete, integrated kit (with the motors, but I s'pose replacing with the same thing would be equivalent). They weren't some aftermarket mishmash of parts. And I understand Dynapath is still helpful and responsive, parts in stock, tech support and all that.

Dynapath is a real control ....

For anyone less than seventy, these came from Dynapath as a complete, integrated kit (with the motors, but I s'pose replacing with the same thing would be equivalent). They weren't some aftermarket mishmash of parts. And I understand Dynapath is still helpful and responsive, parts in stock, tech support and all that.

Dynapath is a real control ....

I agree...great units. I have two early 90's Dynapath Delta 20 controls still running strong in my shop.

It is a nice control and was kept in great condition as well. I debated just replacing the 1 glitchy servo amplifier with a new one from advanced motion controls.

Like this: DPRALTR-025B200 Modbus RTU RS485 servo drive

The older model AMC servo amps sell for half of what people are asking for ancient servo dynamics or glentek boards and are much more common.

If I didn't already have the centroid control (full of proven programs and already defined tools), I certainly would've kept the dynapath.

The 2 extra servo amps I will include were made by Westamp.

Feel free to make me an offer. I would rather not list it on eBay but I will in another week or two.

I will also include all (3) motor encoders and flex couplings for offers (cash/trade) close to my asking price.

Trades of interest include, but are not limited to:

• Rockwell hardness tester
• Gage block set - not Chinese
• Gage pin sets - not Chinese
• Sine plate - not Chinese
• Lista cabinet
• (Nice) Kurt, Orange, GMT vises
• Manual Bridgeport
• Small heat treat oven- single phase- (Bar-z hot shot or similar)
• Drill sharpener
• decent surface grinder
• D-bit grinder
• Tooling (drills, taps, reamers, face mills, slab mills, slitting saws, ect)
• Dial height gauge
• 0.0001" test indicator
• 0-6" depth mic
• Chamber reamers
• Headspace gauges
• Surplus firearm parts, kits, mounts, tripods, ect.
• Barrel blanks
• (2) Argon tanks 120cf or larger
• 3J collet chuck, indexer, rotary or stationary mill fixture.
• Nice angle plate
And probably much more!

$1200. The cheapest cnc control package on the market.

It comes with 2 spare Westamp servo amps and I will also include the encoders.

Perfect for replacing an old worn out Anilam!

Any manuals with it?

I apologize for the delay. Yes, It will come with an operator manual as well as a few schematics. I have a maintenance manual from a vmc that ran a dynapath control, I'll throw that in as well. It covers some more in depth options on pic tables, how to configure the control for a tool changer, ect.

I can't believe this is still out there .... Dynapath kicks ass for a simple milling machine or lathe. Professional, tested, decent support, straightforward, if I wuz going to do any kind of retro at all I'd snap this up in a heartbeat.

Final thread bump. The price is already listed at less than the sum of it's parts so I cannot lower it any further.

I would be willing to strap it to a pallet if someone wanted it shipped. Use zip 44412 for shipping estimates.

I know, right? I mean, I DID replace this with a Centroid... but I already had it from a retrofit on a different machine. It cost me $5000 to put it together and that was going the diy route.

I would hate to part a perfectly good control. I sent an email to Dynapath about the maintenance/install manual. They still have it in paper copy for right around $220.00 (I can't remember the exact amount) and according to their website, they do still sell parts for this.

Back