Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for clarifying. I got a similar answer from a gentleman in Sweden who just so happens to have the same machine and a manual he plans to send me the information from. He also pointed out I will probably have to make my own as they are difficult to procure

Post Thanks / Like

Make-do type effort - assumes you wanted to make your own...

Since they are near to 20 DP, that cutter could be pressed into service. A hitch could be 20 degree pressure angle - common on Module. So if looking for cutter, not only the right "number" of 8 available for each DP (has to do with tooth count being cut) - but to include now 20 degree PA. VME only lists 14.5 PA in 20 DP - but you could call them and see if that is the actual case

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I did find this supplier of Mod1.25 spur gears
    Metric MOD 1.25 Steel Spur Gears

Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by johnoder View Post
    Make-do type effort - assumes you wanted to make your own...

Since they are near to 20 DP, that cutter could be pressed into service. A hitch could be 20 degree pressure angle - common on Module. So if looking for cutter, not only the right "number" of 8 available for each DP (has to do with tooth count being cut) - but to include now 20 degree PA. VME only lists 14.5 PA in 20 DP - but you could call them and see if that is the actual case
    Might be faster and easier to build yourself a whole set of 20DP gears and just get on with your life.

After all, the machine cares not a bit, what the tooth is measured in, just that they all fit together well enough, and they are of the correct tooth count.

It would involve making or modifying a gar at both the spindle and the input shaft of the gearbox, so, two extra low tooth count gears, but you would then be able to buy reasonably available gears or gear cutters to suit your needs.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for options. I ended up ordering a set of mod 1.25 cutters,full set of 8 for entire tooth range. I will just make the change gears I need ,here and there as I go along. Or just do them all ,once I have everything set up .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hammer1092001 View Post
    Thanks for options. I ended up ordering a set of mod 1.25 cutters,full set of 8 for entire tooth range. I will just make the change gears I need ,here and there as I go along. Or just do them all ,once I have everything set up .

Can you share info for that source?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you. They do cover a few of the gears I need. But unfortunately not all of them. Right or wrong.,since I found and purchased a set of module 1.25 cutters ,I may as well make them all while I'm set up to make the few I cannot find.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The source? The gentleman in Sweden I received the information from? Or the source where I found the cutters to make the gears?

Post Thanks / Like

source where I found the cutters to make the gears
    There you go

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Found the cutters on ebay. Comming out of russia. Sure they won't be here anytime soon. But I am in no hurry just picking away at it

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cutters arrived. Seem to be good quality. Checked them against the gears in my lathe to verify they are right. Perfect fit. And the set is complete

Country
    INDIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Renuka Tooling Solutions (RTS) is a high quality tooling Manufacture Company. We provide the best tooling solution and are happy to help you with the customized tooling of your design. Matching up with the ever increasing requirements of the customers, our company is engaged in manufacturing and customization Punch and Die, Busbar Punching tools, Machinery parts, Gauges, Press Tools, Special Child for CNC turning, Tool holders for automatic punching machine, Fixtures etc.
    For more details check out our website High-quality tooling manufacture company

Country
    PORTUGAL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter from Holland View Post
    I did find this supplier of Mod1.25 spur gears
    Metric MOD 1.25 Steel Spur Gears

Peter
    I bought a missing change gear from a similar supplier (mechanicdrive.com, in the Netherlands).

making your own gears will bring glory to your workshop, but they're really cheap to buy ready made, just a few Euros.

I recently found 2 companies here in Portugal, cheaper for me because of low shipping cost.

14. Likes neanderthal mach liked this post