Eagan, Minnesota -- Lots of End Mills, hardened aluminum blocks, toolbox. $4200. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Stuff is worth only what someone will pay you for it. What else is in the box? Can you post a picture of the box? I'll take a gamble and go $10lb on the end mills if they are tightly packed in a flat rate box. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Where did he work? 99.9% chance he stole them from whatever machine shop he worked at. All pocket sized, plenty easy to get 1 or 2 a day. The right thing to do is bring them back and give them to the owner. You might even get a reward. That said if you want 100. bux today let me know.

3. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight machine View Post
    Where did he work? 99.9% chance he stole them from whatever machine shop he worked at. All pocket sized, plenty easy to get 1 or 2 a day. The right thing to do is bring them back and give them to the owner. You might even get a reward. That said if you want 100. bux today let me know.
    Ehhh, he lived with me for a few years and was always buying stuff. I guess everyone will suspect it's stolen, or whatever. Jeez... Optimism in this whole thing is gone. I also understand far more how much more niche' this stuff is. I might as well sell it all for a few hundo. But oh well. There goes living! Cyas!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd be up for a flat rate box of alu scraps (especially rounds/ rods)and end mills if you're interested. $1/lb for the alu and $10/lb on the end mills, maybe more for new/unused ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight machine View Post
    Nice of you to accuse a complete stranger of being a thief.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not to be a wet blanket on getting end mills cheap but if you have time and patience you can put them on eBay and get a heck of lot more than $10/lb.

If you are in the trade finding great deals on vast numbers of end mills at per pound price is a thing. I have boxes I have still not dug into, hundreds of them. But the world is full of home shop Harry's who will way pay more if you have the patience to sell them one at a time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxian View Post
    Not to be a wet blanket on getting end mills cheap but if you have time and patience you can put them on eBay and get a heck of lot more than $10/lb.

If you are in the trade finding great deals on vast numbers of end mills at per pound price is a thing. I have boxes I have still not dug into, hundreds of them. But the world is full of home shop Harry's who will way pay more if you have the patience to sell them one at a time.
    You are correct of course, but time is money and the time it takes to identify, value, count and then advertise usually costs more than the end item is worth. Everything is always a balance in the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"but time is money and the time it takes to identify",

The original post took some time to put together...he's halfway there

I'd suggest picking a few of each size and see what Ebay brings.
    Success, keep going.

No success, offer them back on here all for $100 shipped and watch the smoke from the keystrokes...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I sell tooling professionally and a little on the side. I would say he’s got $1500-$2000 if he sold everything on eBay. eBay and PayPal will take 20% of that. That of course if they are in great condition etc. The smaller sizes might be difficult to move but the 1/2” and larger should move ok. It might take a year though!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Supply Guru View Post
    I sell tooling professionally and a little on the side. I would say he’s got $1500-$2000 if he sold everything on eBay. eBay and PayPal will take 20% of that. That of course if they are in great condition etc. The smaller sizes might be difficult to move but the 1/2” and larger should move ok. It might take a year though!
    Sold to the member from O-HI-O !

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Sold to the member from O-HI-O !
    Ha! I'd buy the lot for .... $750 easy maybe $1,000. Knowing I am not going to use it but just sell it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha! I'd buy the lot for .... $750 easy maybe $1,000. Knowing I am not going to use it but just sell it.
    You still appear to be the highest bidder....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow, I actually have a slight bit more optimism after seeing all these posts and responses. I definitely thought about piecing some of those out, at least the more spendy ones and selling individually on ebay or something.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who's posted here and had a back-and-forth in my absence. I have been taking everything with a grain of salt but I see some people are also here fighting FOR me to help me understand that it's more the "package deal" that's screwing me on some of these things. I'd almost bite at that 1k just to be done with it, have it all in the hands of an expert and have the stuff get used one way or another. I am going to take pics of the box tonight as well. I do believe it's a Harbor Freight generic branded box, as some have implied - But I'll verify that.

I've been busy lately but I'm going to re-read through these posts and take your guys suggestions. I'll update here with what I end up doing with them all, and maybe I can make a deal or two here after all that's in the benefit of both parties (i'm not greedy, just un-educated about Machining). Again, thanks all! Be back again shortly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEvans View Post
    Yep ! The OP better take Moonlight's offer as when I sold similar lots I sold for $75-80.
    The last end mills I sold were 1/4" to 1" resharpened in wax and I was happy to get $2 each.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No offense to the OP................but I only buy/sell to long term PM members.........................

17. Likes digger doug liked this post