What's new
What's new

Early 16 inch South Bend lathe parts for sale.

JB Bergman

Hot Rolled
I took a single tumbler 16 inch South Bend lathe on trade. The base was broken and the bed is terrible. However the rest of the machine is in pretty nice condition. I have disassembled it and all parts are for sale for those in need. The taper attachment is spoken for, pending shipping and payment. The bull gears and spindle look great, as well as the gear box and sector gears. Tail stock and single tumbler box are good. Apron is also very nice with the exception of the half nuts.
I also have a double tumbler box, no selector levers, gears are very good, and lead screw that is very nice.

Take a look at the pictures, if I have something you need let me know. These parts are heavy so I'll keep the prices as low as possible because of shipping.

Tail stock, 150.00?

Let me know.

JB Bergmanparts for sale 012 (640x480).jpgparts for sale 011 (640x480).jpgparts for sale 010 (640x480).jpgparts for sale 009 (640x480).jpgparts for sale 012 (640x480).jpgparts for sale 011 (640x480).jpgparts for sale 010 (640x480).jpgparts for sale 009 (640x480).jpg

Lets see the taper attachment, tail stock, steady rest have sold. Thread chaseing dial and carriage stop sold also. Lots of parts reaiming. PM your wants.

JB Bergman

Do you still have any 16” Southbend parts? I need a single tumbler housing

I took a single tumbler 16 inch South Bend lathe on trade. The base was broken and the bed is terrible. However the rest of the machine is in pretty nice condition. I have disassembled it and all parts are for sale for those in need. The taper attachment is spoken for, pending shipping and payment. The bull gears and spindle look great, as well as the gear box and sector gears. Tail stock and single tumbler box are good. Apron is also very nice with the exception of the half nuts.
I also have a double tumbler box, no selector levers, gears are very good, and lead screw that is very nice.

Take a look at the pictures, if I have something you need let me know. These parts are heavy so I'll keep the prices as low as possible because of shipping.

Tail stock, 150.00?

Let me know.

JB BergmanView attachment 75380View attachment 75379View attachment 75378View attachment 75377View attachment 75380View attachment 75379View attachment 75378View attachment 75377

I need a single tumbler quick change housing and a few other parts. I have a 16x12 lathe and it fell over while moving it. Thanks

Ok, went out to the shed the only things for a 16"SB are a double tumbler gearbox, (good gears, no levers)
headstock guard, backgear guard, end guard that covers the gearing, front lower door (says South Bend) and the tailstock end leg. No other parts were found.
JB

can the double tumbler gearbox be fit on the earlier lathe, mid 40’s vintage? If so how much do you want for it? Thanks

Back