What's new
What's new

Erickson QC#30 complete spindle and toolholders for a Series I manual Bridgeport

gbent

Diamond
I sold my Series I Bridgeport to someone who wanted the R8 spindle, so I am left with the QC spindle. It was purchased new, bare and I installed new bearings. It probably has fewer than 500 hours, as it wasn't long after I bought a Series II and the Series I got pushed into the corner. The spindle nosepiece looks used because I had to buy another R8 spindle to get the extra nosepiece. Unlike an R8, the nosepiece is captive to the QC spindle. I will include 3/16 and 3/8 end mill holders, a TG75 collet chuck, two DA300 collet chucks, all Erickson, and a Lyndex with a 14N drill chuck and key. If you have a need for a different tool holder we may be able to work something out as I have several others that also fit my Tree CNC. It will not include the spanner, as I seem to be only able to find the one for my other machine. I would like $500 plus shipping.

IMG_20210219_194519803.jpgIMG_20210219_194544106.jpg
IMG_20210219_194605961.jpgIMG_20210219_194826383.jpg

I sold my Series I Bridgeport to someone who wanted the R8 spindle, so I am left with the QC spindle. It was purchased new, bare and I installed new bearings. It probably has fewer than 500 hours, as it wasn't long after I bought a Series II and the Series I got pushed into the corner. The spindle nosepiece looks used because I had to buy another R8 spindle to get the extra nosepiece. Unlike an R8, the nosepiece is captive to the QC spindle. I will include 3/16 and 3/8 end mill holders, a TG75 collet chuck, two DA300 collet chucks, all Erickson, and a Lyndex with a 14N drill chuck and key. If you have a need for a different tool holder we may be able to work something out as I have several others that also fit my Tree CNC. It will not include the spanner, as I seem to be only able to find the one for my other machine. I would like $500 plus shipping.

View attachment 314527View attachment 314529
View attachment 314530View attachment 314531

Can you run it without the Q C lock nut if you use a power draw bar? My V2xT BP uses NMTB30 tool holders, I would like to do the same on my manual BP. Will this spindle work with NMTB30 tool holders? As much as I hate R8 I may need to sleep on this. Buying the spindle is the cheapest part of this deal. I have 4 boring bars, shell mills, drill chucks, tapping heads, collets by 1/16" collets by 1/32", 90 degree head. All R8!

Yep, you can. I have a Wells Index with a QC30 spindle. I run a power drawbar also and NMTB30 holders work just fine.

And if you keep your eyes peeled you might find that it's not so expensive to tool up. I just nabbed a batch of 32 Lyndex QC30 holders for $250. Many with the tooling still in them! You can also make a few bucks selling the old R-8 stuff.

Yep, you can. I have a Wells Index with a QC30 spindle. I run a power drawbar also and NMTB30 holders work just fine.

And if you keep your eyes peeled you might find that it's not so expensive to tool up. I just nabbed a batch of 32 Lyndex QC30 holders for $250. Many with the tooling still in them! You can also make a few bucks selling the old R-8 stuff.

so now i know who beat me on that auction!!! haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, my spindle is drilled for a drawbar. From what I've seen, only the longer BOSS series spindles weren't drilled.

I also have a Wells Index with the Erickson QC, it's so much better than R8 in most ways. Finding toolholders is not one of them lol. While the QC toolholders are in NMTB30 spec, not all NMTB30 tools meet Erickson spec. Somewhere there's a list of manufacturers that are compatable, I think it's most the better brands? The Lyndex ones are totally worth it either way.

IMO that's not a bad deal. R8 work fine, but 30 taper is so much easier to work with. I'd be tempted to buy it and put it on the self to upgrade an R8 BP someday, but projects and all....

crazy ironic as i just lost an auction of a lot of em holders and collet chucks for $250 haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch! Well I can say if I would have seen that one, we may have been in competition. But it wasn't me! I swear! :)

Anyway, at this point I think I have over 50 QC30 holders, so I will probably not need to seek any more out. No competition from me! :D And good luck in your search.

Back