What's new
What's new

Excess 4140 round and tube on surplus auction

DrHook

Hot Rolled
I am posting a link to a State surplus sale of material we no longer use. This stuff has been listed a few days, with no response. I gain nothing by the sale, but I know how difficult it is to find similar material at this time at a reasonable price. Yes, I am in the boonies, but see my last comment. The minimum bid makes it hardly worth the effort to re-sell at scrap price, or I would buy it myself and do just that. The listing has all the details and photos, but I may be able to provide additional info here, if needed. Unfortunately, this stuff was purchased years ago, and I do not have certs for any of it.
If this is not allowed, spank me accordingly, and accept my apologies! :D

Public Surplus: Auction #2779968
STEEL 1.jpgSTEEL 2.jpgSTEEL 3.jpgSTELL 4.jpg

Last edited:
If it were closer I would bid for sure. If its not worth scrap it may be worth cutting and selling assortments that fit in flat rate envelopes. I'd be interested in that (And sometimes restock off ebay that way)

Damn! I use 4140 all the time and that box of slugs looks like a perfect fit for an upcoming job, but South Dakota is way too far.

The 7MPG I get towing a loaded trailer on a 3,000 mile round trip plus a few nights lodging would kill
any savings I would get.

If a PM member buys it, I can certainly help with the loading...:D
Otherwise, maybe Youship would have someone reasonable.

Back