What's new
What's new

F/S 10hp Phase Perfect for Parts

Ox

Diamond
I have a white 10hp P/P that is maybe a dozen yrs old that apparently had a catastrophic death.

It has had all (?) the caps replaced, and a new board still in wrapper, and whatnot.
It is currently at Phase Technologies (name?) in South Dakota with an estimate that makes it not worth repairing.

Would this be worth $250 for parts to anyone?
Freight would be from SD. (Rapid City or ?)

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

The estimate came it at prox $2500.
That is a worst case scenario I believe, and there is a chance that some of the components that are listed - could be OK, but ....

A new model equiv was quoted @ $3900 delivered I think.
So I don't think that I am going to get this one rebuilt.

When it died, they sent me a whole big "care pkg" with a new board, all new caps, maybe a transistor or two?
It's been quite a while since that happened that I don't recall totally.

Anyhow, I put the caps in and fired it up to see if that would work, or if I had to install more parts.
And it went BOOM.

I decided to leave it hang for a while.

I eventually skidded it up and sent it to Rapid City with a pking slip that said "Fix it".

This estimate is what they responded with, and I just don't think that I am going to play ball.

So, the caps are all brand new, and the one board is still in bubble wrap, and any other common parts that they sent, are all with it.

The voice said that some main sumpthing or other "split" or "broke in 2" or sumpthing to that idea anyhow.
Apparently it does not happen often, but when it does - it's catastrophic, so .....

Also - the original caps leaked all over the place, and made a mess of things, and they said that much of the fee is cleaning everything back to new.
So, maybe if you are a whiz bang at electric gizmo's, maybe you could make it work for far less than it will cost me?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Not a drinker.

My dad got his britch caught in the PTO, not me.

He's the one that had to [try to] run for the truck along the US hwy in only his tighty whitey's. Not me.

If'n yuhr gunna tell stories, at least make sure that you git the players right!

I didn't expect that a possible bad board would cause a transistor to blow, and I am pretty sure that;s not the cause now either.

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

There is a tech school in Mankato Mn. that has an electronics dept. who will fix anything for the cost of materials, as education... They once repaired my plasma cutter that I was told by the company "If we had a rebuilt board, it would be $900.00, but we do not have any for that obsolete model, so you'll have to purchase a new machine." (it was a year old) My cost at the time was 1 week, and $2.16. I was told most tech schools do that sort of thing for whatever classes they have, be it electronics, autobody, auto mechanics, etc. Real world practice.
I would try that approach. My plasma still works, some 20 years later.

i'm interested. how much we looking at for shipping to 98110. have loading dock if it makes any difference.

edit:

They quoted shipping it back to me, when I clearly asked for a price to your zip.

Will be back with that shortly.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

He says that he needs full address to git a shipping quote to you.

You can just e-mail it to me.
There is a link if you click my name in the ULH corner of the post.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I got this fella the shipping costs offline, but one thing that I want to add here for others that may be interested is:

They said that they would include a cheat sheet for all the parts, and it is possible that some may not be needed, but ???

All the parts total $1800, they were charging another $700 for labor to clean and repair.
He told me that they would spend much time cleaning goop that oozed out of the big caps.
It likely doesn't "need" to be cleaned up perfectly, but for them to call it "fixed" and warranted, they felt that they need to make it spick and span.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I got the one with your [chums] address - yes.

You should have gotten a reply with the shipping cost.

Have you gotten that?
Well, I guess there is no reason not to post that out here:

$460 from Rapid City to your chums dock.
Your house will likely be another $100.
They are docking heavily for residential right now.

I have not heard since that.

And maybe you want to check freight rates yourself - from Rapid City.
140# @ class 125 via XPO Logistics was what they quoted.

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Found your email in my spam box.

usp ground is quoting me

338$ for 145 pounds, 41" high by 23 by 31" (dimensions of the unit plus 6 on each side.)
193$ for 145 pounds, 26 by 18 by 38" high.

I assume this doesn't include the 3R kit and breaker.

so if they just put it in a cardboard box with 1" of medium hard foam around it, shipping should be less than 200$. and if they have an account i'd imagine its cheaper than that.

I shipped it out on a full skid. It's half torn a part. Plus there is a box of spare parts, so - it's gunna need more than the min.

Certainly you can issue the pick--up on you line.

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I hate to top this thread for no reason, but this appears to be a done deal at this time.

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Found your email in my spam box.

usp ground is quoting me

338$ for 145 pounds, 41" high by 23 by 31" (dimensions of the unit plus 6 on each side.)
193$ for 145 pounds, 26 by 18 by 38" high.

I assume this doesn't include the 3R kit and breaker.

so if they just put it in a cardboard box with 1" of medium hard foam around it, shipping should be less than 200$. and if they have an account i'd imagine its cheaper than that.

It looks like you are currently online here.
Hopefully I can catch you quick!

The last panel that was still here has been out of sight, out of mind, and I just seen it a cpl days ago and I just now took it down.

I need your address to ship it to. (UPS)
I'm sure that I had it at one time, but that's all gone now.

-----------------------

Out of Mind, Out of Sight
Ox

Back