What's new
What's new

F/S 2 Hardinge-Sjogren Speed Chucks and Collets 2J

maynah

Stainless
OK it's really only 1 and a parts chuck. They are both 2J A2-5 spindle mounts.
The first is in good shape. It's the large handwheel type, marked not to exceed 4000 rpm.
$275 for the chuck plus shipping in a large flat rate box.
(Parts chuck in next post.)

The 2J collet set is a complete set in 16’s from 1/8[SUP]th[/SUP] to 1 3/8s. That’s 21 collets.
They are all Hardinge except for 1 Rivett. Some have marks on their noses but nothing that would affect use.
$275 for the collets plus shipping in a medium flat rate box.

I'd take $500 plus shipping for both.

Attachments

• IMG_5838.jpg
    IMG_5838.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5839.jpg
    IMG_5839.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5840.jpg
    IMG_5840.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5836.jpg
    IMG_5836.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5845.jpg
    IMG_5845.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 47
The second is a parts chuck. I’m not sure what is going on with it, but the hand wheel ring gear seems over size for the small double gears. Look at the first picture in this post. I have the handwheel moved as far to the left as it will go. The gear at the 3 o’clock postion is in full contact. Look at the gear at the 9 o’clock and it’s barely engaged. When the chuck is together there is way too much play in the handwheel. The other problem is the collet nut that pulls the collet tight has way too much play in it. I’d be afraid of stripping threads to use it like is now. There is a good write up in the Monarch section stickys on a way to repair this. The other thing I was thinking of is using the front half of the chuck with the collet taper and making a 2J collet block to use in the milling machine. I like my 5C blocks that hold work. Just a thought.
$75 plus shipping in a large flat rate box for this complete chuck.

Attachments

• IMG_5841.jpg
    IMG_5841.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5842.jpg
    IMG_5842.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5843.jpg
    IMG_5843.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5844.jpg
    IMG_5844.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 54
The second is a parts chuck. I’m not sure what is going on with it, but the hand wheel ring gear seems over size for the small double gears. Look at the first picture in this post. I have the handwheel moved as far to the left as it will go. The gear at the 3 o’clock postion is in full contact. Look at the gear at the 9 o’clock and it’s barely engaged. When the chuck is together there is way too much play in the handwheel. The other problem is the collet nut that pulls the collet tight has way too much play in it. I’d be afraid of stripping threads to use it like is now. There is a good write up in the Monarch section stickys on a way to repair this. The other thing I was thinking of is using the front half of the chuck with the collet taper and making a 2J collet block to use in the milling machine. I like my 5C blocks that hold work. Just a thought.
$75 plus shipping in a large flat rate box for this complete chuck.

do you still have the parts chuck?

Back