What's new
What's new

Free -- Dufour mill vertical head assembly

Finegrain

Diamond
I took all the vertical head componentry off of my Dufour with the thought of putting it back to right, but that's just not going to happen, and the 300# of asemblies are getting in the way. Plus, the mill itself has too many issues to consider an end-to-end redo.

It's off of an early 60's Dufour Model 61 Universal. There is a carrier that runs on a horizontal dovetail that brings the head assembly to bear, then there's a couple transition pieces to allow angled cuts and a 2-speed gearbox, then the head itself. The high speed gear in the gearbox is shot. The T-groove between the angle components has some pieces cracked out. The head runs a 40-taper spindle.

Dufours aren't exactly common. I suppose this all could be retrofited to some other machine, but that seems like a stretch.

Anyway, if you want it, it's yours for shipping costs. otherwise it goes in the kettle.

Regards.

Mike

Attachments

• Dufour 004.jpg
    Dufour 004.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 692
Last edited:
Bummer. I need a wiring diagram at the moment.

Best of luck with that - they're French diagrams. Not like English diagrams at all. 1 line represents a cable, not just a single wire - so you have to figure out where the wire of interest comes out of the cable !

Mike.

Back