What's new
What's new

FREE! Large lot of BT-45 tooling.

Richard/SIA

Cast Iron
Okay, I'm tired of this BT-45 tooling laying around wasting space.
Should be worth something but I have been unable to get a lousy $300 for the whole pile.
Includes a speeder head, right-angle head, tool setter, floating tap holders, drill chucks, adjustable boring bars, fly-cutters, and of course lots of EM holders.
So now it's FREE to the first to come and get it.
At FREE I'm not crating or shipping anything.
Today is 3/14/20, if I do not have a positive response by the end of this month I will take a cutting torch to each piece before scrapping it all.
I know that this tooling is useful for someone, maybe in Europe, come get it.

Email or PM, Email is probably best.
Richard, now in Yerington NV 89447.
About sixty miles from Reno.

I still use a BT45 machine daily.

How much is the total weight? We are talking about a road trip for spring break. I wouldn't be taking my truck though, just our car. If it's less than a few hundred pounds I think I could make it work.

I'd feel better paying something for it or trading something I don't need.

FYI to all the NMTB 50 taper machine owners, it's easy to make these holders work in a Weldon QA-50 adapter/holder. That speeder at least should make fetching the whole pile worthwhile.

I still use a BT45 machine daily.

How much is the total weight? We are talking about a road trip for spring break. I wouldn't be taking my truck though, just our car. If it's less than a few hundred pounds I think I could make it work.

I'd feel better paying something for it or trading something I don't need.

If your car is a Geo Metro, probably not going to work.
If you have a full-size car it should be fine.
About forty pieces as I recall.
You are welcome to give me whatever you feel is fair, I hate to scrap tools I paid good money for.
Need the space, don't really want to toss them outside to rust if they can be used.

I note that there is no Matsuura discussion forum here.
Guess that's because they are so trouble free.
My old 1000V machine still lives, now being run from a PC.

Trade? Hmm, I do need another set of JD2 M3 dies.

I do need a set of 1.5" x 5.5" dies for my JD Squared model 3 bender.

Model 3 Die Set - 1 1/2" Round Tube (1.5" OD) - 5.5" CLR - 180DEG
Recommended Wall Thickness Range: 0.083” to 0.120”
SKU: 100226
$310.00

JD2. Model 3 Die Set - 1 1/2" Round Tube (1.5" OD)

Other sizes may eventually be useful but 1.5x4.5 are what I need now.
Gave up CNC and now doing tube chassis sports car builds.

...if I do not have a positive response by the end of this month I will take a cutting torch to each piece before scrapping it all.

Damn... surely hope that's merely the hyperbole of frustration... but still... If it is stressing yah so much you'd waste paid-for gas, O2, and TIME?

Just plant it in the ground, broad end down, concealed, skinny arsehole UP, "presenting"... then be sure to piss on it twicet a day.

You'll FEEL better, Day One onward, and eventually it will GROW sumthing, even if only progressively uglier than you and twice as smelly.

..or so we hope and pray?

Even so, at least that LAST part actually has a VALUE, and very much "local pick up, only" at that! Unless y'all are into surprising mail-order Russian brides at how savage 'Muricans can be in a bad year..

:D

Late to the game here, but if not already spoken for I'd happily pay something for the speeder and the right angle head. Let me know what would make it worthwhile for you to throw them in the mail to Chicago?

Edit: maybe a boring head and drill chuck too!

Thanks,

Lee

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Damn... surely hope that's merely the hyperbole of frustration... but still... If it is stressing yah so much you'd waste paid-for gas, O2, and TIME?

Just plant it in the ground, broad end down, concealed, skinny arsehole UP, "presenting"... then be sure to piss on it twicet a day.

You'll FEEL better, Day One onward, and eventually it will GROW sumthing, even if only progressively uglier than you and twice as smelly.

..or so we hope and pray?

Even so, at least that LAST part actually has a VALUE, and very much "local pick up, only" at that! Unless y'all are into surprising mail-order Russian brides at how savage 'Muricans can be in a bad year..

:D

Nope, not hype.
I would "Lose it" if I scrapped them then saw them turn up on feeBay.
Not a lot of faith in the metalmongers and their help, so I would indeed destroy them before scrapping.

Somewhere here I have a list.
I know there are three drill chucks, one fairly large.
Garwood spoke first, so need to hear from him again before making any other deals.
These have been on the local CL at $500 for months, previously on feeBay too.
I had two CL "Buyers" who never showed up.
Just remembered, there is a new through tool coolant adapter too.
Any shipping needs to remain under 70 Lb. for USPS flat rate.

Is the speeder head available? Do you have any pictures/specs? How much would you want for it shipped to 59917?

Many thanks!

Talking it through with my wife we aren't going to go your direction.

If you sell off other stuff and are willing to ship I'd be interested in paying something for a large flat rate box of the following-

1/2" and smaller set screw holders, tension/comp tap holders and a dozen or so pullstuds if they are same as my Mori. Maybe other stuff depending what you have left. I don't need any collet holders or hydraulic holders.

Speeder head would be cool, but my machine is open and primarily does one-offs and proto stuff these days. I have an angle head and never really used it.

Found the pics, posted here before.

Okay, I found the pics.

Will sort this out ASAP.
USPS flat-rate boxes will need reinforcement to hold these.
Really did intend to give them away as I've been unable to sell them in a year and want them GONE.
I do need another set of bending dies, hopefully the total of these will cover that.

Attachments

• IMG_2487.jpg
    IMG_2487.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2486.jpg
    IMG_2486.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2485.jpg
    IMG_2485.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2483.jpg
    IMG_2483.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2484.jpg
    IMG_2484.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 70
Richard,

I tried to reply to your email, but it bounced back.

The tooling looks nice, but I have no interest in playing a bidding war with other members. I'll pass.

Good luck with the sale

Lee

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nope, not hype.
I would "Lose it" if I scrapped them then saw them turn up on feeBay.
Not a lot of faith in the metalmongers and their help, so I would indeed destroy them before scrapping.

Understand the sentiment. I've good reason to NOT "sell", so parlay the odd part for drops or such that active shops HAVE and 50-plus-year dormant Old Farts just f**king about to stay out of bars and brothels do NOT have.

But it's the same thing.

A Monarch part to a KNOWN in-need restorer, yah feel righteous.

To an opportunist? Spare me.

Got one sorta half-way in the family.

Usta con our late Mum out of an "important to the grandkids heirloom" from the curio case, forget the con, brag next visit she had gotten ten bucks for it off Craigslist.

Can't CHANGE that sort of amoral behaviour, but damned if I'll be encouraging it, either.

3CW

PM's and email's sent to responders regards speeder and RA head shipped price.
Prices are LOW, and whatever is left over is still FREE to anyone who will come to my location for it.
When I was shopping for a tool setter there were none to be had for less than $500.00
Lots of EM holders still here too.

FWIW, that Matsuura toolsetter can be used to set boring bars. The horizontal pocket was originally mounted the other way around. The centerline should still be directly in line with the top surface of the flat, so you can measure a tool radius with a height gage. Someone must have reversed it to use it for tightening shell mill arbors. Someone on a budget could convert it to 40 taper easily enough.

Back