What's new
What's new

FS: 13" diameter HSS side milling cutters

M.B. Naegle

Diamond
Tooling is always hard for me to let go of, you never know when you'll need it, but in this case, I couldn't use these even If I wanted as we don't have a horizontal mill with enough HP or clearance to get these things swing'n.

I've got two 13" diameter, 5/8" wide HSS staggered side milling cutters, with 2" arbor hole. They're old Union Tool & Die out of Athol Mass. and this one's dated 2-19-43. They've been reground in the past and still have nice sharp teeth, but there are some light nicks and chips on a few teeth and I'm not 100% certain on their history. Sorry my tablet dosn't do well with close up shots, but I don't think the nicks will have much effect on the cut.
1475292834207700022429.jpg
The second one's not in front of me at the moment but is in the same condition. I'll sell them together or individually. Individually it's a 20 lb. box. I'm thinking $50 a piece +shipping, but I'm deffinantly open to offers.

If someone could use it, I've also got a 10" cutter with carbide teeth, but they're chipped up pretty good. Should still have some life in it though. I'll get some more info and pics up on it.

I've got the arbors (several 2" actually), and the mill to run them. But probably shouldn't be buying stuff given the circumstances.

So the carbide tipped cutter is a no go. We have a job associated with it doing a deep surface cut on castings (low HP) and it's a 1 1/2 arbor, which we have, so it'll probably get new carbide teeth and stay in the cabinet.

I did find anothet 2" arbor cutter though that is up for grabs.
1475518588105-1361871819.jpg
Made by Morse, dated 6-2-42, 8" diameter, 3/8" wide staggered side milling HSS. Looks better than the bigger ones. Probably reground and never used. I'm thinking $40 obo.

Back