What's new
What's new

FS: Automatic turret tool head for 8 tools

Altaros_CZ

Plastic
We would like to introduce you a new gadget to increase the productivity of machining for all who want to improve the classic, or CNC-converted lathe. Our Automatic Turret Tool Head enables quick change of up to eight tools while maintaining high repeatable accuracy. This is maintained due to the high rigidity of the patented pneumatic mechanism.

The turret head is designed for use on CNC lathes running Mach3 software (A Linux-controlled version will be developed later). The head can then be mounted on the slide, you just need to connect pressurized air, connect 5 wires to the control electronics, adjust a few parameters in the program, download the control macro and start machining.

For conventional lathes is banefitial an increased number of tools and fixed tool positions in combination with digital axes can also be used to speed up machining. In manual mode, rotation is triggered by a button on the solenoid valve.

Furthermore, it is possible to supply coolant directly to the cutting edge of the tool by means of the special plates. Primarily it is possible to clamp a 12x12 mm tool on the head. For other tools of different shapes (drills, mini chucks, milling cutters...) it is necessary to make an individual accesories according to the attached drawing. The turret head can be mounted even on smaller lathes, for mounting it is necessary to make or otherwise obtain a base plate, which must be attached to a specific support with screw holes for the turret head as shown in another drawing included in manual.

More info: https://www.altaros.cz/en/content/53-automatic-turret-head

We would like to introduce you a new gadget to increase the productivity of machining for all who want to improve the classic, or CNC-converted lathe. Our Automatic Turret Tool Head enables quick change of up to eight tools while maintaining high repeatable accuracy. This is maintained due to the high rigidity of the patented pneumatic mechanism.

The turret head is designed for use on CNC lathes running Mach3 software (A Linux-controlled version will be developed later). The head can then be mounted on the slide, you just need to connect pressurized air, connect 5 wires to the control electronics, adjust a few parameters in the program, download the control macro and start machining.

For conventional lathes is banefitial an increased number of tools and fixed tool positions in combination with digital axes can also be used to speed up machining. In manual mode, rotation is triggered by a button on the solenoid valve.

Furthermore, it is possible to supply coolant directly to the cutting edge of the tool by means of the special plates. Primarily it is possible to clamp a 12x12 mm tool on the head. For other tools of different shapes (drills, mini chucks, milling cutters...) it is necessary to make an individual accesories according to the attached drawing. The turret head can be mounted even on smaller lathes, for mounting it is necessary to make or otherwise obtain a base plate, which must be attached to a specific support with screw holes for the turret head as shown in another drawing included in manual.

More info: https://www.altaros.cz/en/content/53-automatic-turret-head

12 mm tool? I don't have anything that small and mach 3 is totally Harry home shop. Sounds like you should be spamming the zone.

12 mm tool? I don't have anything that small and mach 3 is totally Harry home shop. Sounds like you should be spamming the zone.

12x12 turning tools for precision mechanics are quite common. An example is here:
Akko Rotary Holder Sclcr 1212 F09 - 12x12 mm - Iso Inserts Ccmt 09t 3 | eBay
We have been working on mach3 and this turret head since 2013 and we have done hundreds of thousands of machined parts. We manufacture parts for weapons where very precise tolerance is required. Normally we do + - 0.01mm and better.
The turret head can also be used for other control systems, only is need to program the interface. We are currently adding Linux CNC.
I understand that for someone who wants to machine large diameters of strength steels it is not suitable, but not everyone needs this.

I'd like to buy one of your turrets, but I can't find a 12MM shank tool to fit the CNMG 632 inserts I rough with.

I'd like to buy one of your turrets, but I can't find a 12MM shank tool to fit the CNMG 632 inserts I rough with.

Thank you for your interest.
If you do not want to change your inserts and their shanks, another option is to buy next shank and machined to the desired size two sides which not sit on fixed surfaces. We suggest to shorten the shank as well to minimize the force aplied on the turret to maximize its life.
If you have other questions send an email to [email protected]

Back