FS - BIG Kaiser Drilling, Tapping Quick-Chnge Attachment Type DT24 - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cyanidekid View Post
    well, it cleaned up nicely. its bog simple, which is a really good thing (compared to a proper tapping head) , but the downside is it only has two torque settings. I haven't tapped with it yet, so don't know how much of a drawback that is, but I don't see how it would adapt to a wide range of sizes and materials.

Attachment 278659
    That is a HI to Low range. Not just one or tuther.

2. Likes cyanidekid liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Behner View Post
    That is a HI to Low range. Not just one or tuther.
    ahh, but still not a lot of repeatable settings. just about 15 degrees between them. like I said, haven't worked it yet. doubt you could find just the right setting for say, 6-32 in 4130 pre hard, and also for 5/8-11 in leaded brass, repeatably.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well, it cleaned up nicely. its bog simple, which is a really good thing (compared to a proper tapping head) , but the downside is it only has two torque settings. I haven't tapped with it yet, so don't know how much of a drawback that is, but I don't see how it would adapt to a wide range of sizes and materials.

Attachment 278659
    I hope you can utilize it for many years to come, Thank you again.

5. Likes cyanidekid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ahh, but still not a lot of repeatable settings. just about 15 degrees between them. like I said, haven't worked it yet. doubt you could find just the right setting for say, 6-32 in 4130 pre hard, and also for 5/8-11 in leaded brass, repeatably.
    I've never used this to tap under ¼-20, but it's been pretty damn consistent for all sizes. Here's a link to the parts page. Your tap holder goes into a set of rubber clutch gizmos. I put a new set in mine years ago (20?) and still working great.
    Big Kaiser Drill Tapper 2014

One more thing to add. This unit will take a 7/8" tap, so anything under ¼" would need a smaller unit. Clutches are too strong.
    Last edited by Ray Behner; 02-15-2020 at 09:41 AM.

7. Likes cyanidekid liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Behner View Post
    I've never used this to tap under ¼-20, but it's been pretty damn consistent for all sizes. Here's a link to the parts page. Your tap holder goes into a set of rubber clutch gizmos. I put a new set in mine years ago (20?) and still working great.
    Big Kaiser Drill Tapper 2014

One more thing to add. This unit will take a 7/8" tap, so anything under ¼" would need a smaller unit. Clutches are too strong.
    thanks Ray, yes, thats what I figured. somewhat limited in range, but simple and consistent. I had it apart, and so saw the rubber "clutch pads" and they seemed to be fine. thanks also to Rob F for the link to the holders.

9. Likes Rob F. liked this post