What's new
What's new

FS chuck jaws for 15" lathe, plus some smaller jaws

Randalthor

Cast Iron
I bought these chuck jaws from a Triumph aviation plant closing about a month ago. I think I have about 28 sets of 3 chuck jaws which fit a 15" chuck. I think I have another dozen or so which fit smaller chucks. Just about all the jaws which fit a 15" chuck are serrated on the bottom. Just about all of them are soft jaws.

Unless otherwise noted, I'm asking $70 per 3 jaw set, with free shipping to anywhere in the Continental U.S. for the jaws which fit a 15" chuck. Most of these are marked either DACO, ABBOTT, or HURON. The smaller jaws are less money.

I will take Paypal (not friends and family, but the regular business transaction). I can also take a credit card from reputable members, but I don't have a secure website to run it. So if you want to use a credit card, you will have to give me your number via email or PM or a phone call. I can also take a check of course, but will have to wait till it clears before shipping.

If you buy more than one set of jaws, I can take some money off. If someone wants to come to Kansas City to buy all the big jaws (so I don't have to mess with shipping) I would make you a heck of a deal.

I have a lot of pictures, so this will take a lot of posts to get them up.

In the first overall pic I tried to organize the sets of three jaws where one jaw per set is turned upside down.

I will do my best to describe and take pics of the jaws per set, starting with the top row and starting with the one on the left hand side, if that makes sense. I will give the height, width and length of the jaws. In the case where there are steps in the jaws, or some other uneven face, I will always give the longest measurement.

There are 4 sets aluminum jaws, but those are smaller jaws. I will note those.

Here is the first overall pic.

KIMG1797[1].jpg

Last edited:
Starting at the top left (row 1).

The first set of jaws is marked DACO D15SSH1. Here are the dimensions on the Kitagawa website.

Welcome to DacoJaw

The actual length of this set is 6-1/4 (at the longest point) X 2-1/2" wide X 3" tall. Here is the pics.

KIMG1911[1].jpg

KIMG1912[1].jpg

# 2 set. Top row, second from left.

Marked ABBOTT KTT15S1SQ

Here are the dimensions according to ABBOTT, but these jaws I have the backs sloped down. The bolt hole size is the same, but the backs slope down.

https://www.abbottworkholding.com/product-page?product=KTT15S1SQ&se=1&sn=1

The actual height is 4", but the back slopes down. The width is 2-1/2" and the actual length to the longest point is 6-3/8"

Here are some pics.

KIMG1913[1].jpg
KIMG1914[1].jpg
KIMG1915[1].jpg

Last edited:
#4 set. Top row, fourth from left.

Marked HURON KT15FP

Has radius bolted on the front of jaws with a socket head cap screw.

Including length of radius the jaws are 5-7/8" long X 2-1/2" wide X 2-1/2" tall.

Here are some pics.

KIMG1918[1].jpg
KIMG1919[1].jpg
KIMG1920[1].jpg

Last edited:
#5 set. Top row, fifth from left.

These are marked ABBOTT KTT15S6SQ

These appear to be brand new blanks. I am asking $125 for this set (shipping included) instead of $70, as in the case of the others because these weigh about 25 lbs per jaw and are expensive to ship. These match the measurements of this page.

https://www.abbottworkholding.com/product-page?product=KTT15S6SQ&se=1&sn=1

Here are some pics.

KIMG1921[1].jpg
KIMG1922[1].jpg

Last edited:
#6 set. Top row, sixth from left.

These are marked ABBOTT KTT15S1SQ.

Here are the listed dimensions, but again these have the backs tapered, as in #2 jaws posted above.

https://www.abbottworkholding.com/product-page?product=KTT15S1SQ&se=1&sn=1

These are 6-3/8" long to the longest point X 2-1/2" wide X 4" tall (but the backs slope, as shown in pics)

Also, although this is a 3 set match, one of the jaws is slightly different at the front. Namely, whereas two of the jaws have the one of the radius edges milled off (as shown in the pics) one of the jaws does not have the radius edge milled off. In other words, it has both sides of the radius.

KIMG1923[1].jpg
KIMG1924[1].jpg

That's all I'm going to post for tonight (just the first row). I may see if there is any interest before I post any more pics.

Last edited:

Back