What's new
What's new

FS: Cincinnati Monoset (?) or Toolmaster Adapter Chuck and Collets

Elwood1968

Cast Iron
I think this adapter chuck was originally for the Cincinnati Monoset grinders, although it has the same 3CH Superflex taper as the Cincinnati Toolmaster 1-A and 1-B vertical milling machine spindles. I've been using it in a Toolmaster, so I know it works in that machine, but the part number on the adapter (106823) is not the same as the adapter in the Toolmaster parts catalog.

The collet nut on the adapter clearly has grinding marks around the edge, but it works fine.

Five collets are included (marked as follows): 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 7/16" (2). These are similar to, but not identical to the "A" collets that Cincinnati sold for use with the Toolmasters. The "A" collets do not seem to fit in this adapter.

$125 shipped USPS Priority Mail CONUS.

100_1072.jpg100_1071.jpg100_1070.jpg100_1069.jpg

James, I think the collets are for a Monoset, but I don't have (and haven't been able to find) a parts catalog for a Monoset to verify. All I can find is a Monoset sales brochure that shows the machines were originally sold with an adapter, and a selection of the smaller collets like these. See p.18 here: http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/2097/16371.pdf

The adapter has what looks to me to be a Cincinnati part number (106823) stamped on it.

The bores of the collets look good. They could use some cleaning, though.

Toolmaster Superflex collets for sale

I threw out a crazy price on eBay for the Superflex collets, message me if you are interested in them for a realistic price.

Toolmaster Superflex collets for sale

I threw out a crazy price on eBay for the Superflex collets, message me if you are interested in them for a realistic price.

Back