What's new
What's new

FS - Colchester Steady Rest , wear buttons and bottom clamp missing

EJHanson

Aluminum
I had recently purchased a bunch of machining tools, and found this steady rest in behind a lathe, but it was missing the 3 supports and adjusters.
This old steady rest I believe is from a Colchester Student Roundhead? Check Pictures,
Today, I found the three supports and the adjusters, so I cleaned it all up and it is complete less the brass or plastic wear pieces.
Asking $75.00 CAD for it plus shipping.
Thank you,

Attachments

• IMG_5251.jpg
    IMG_5251.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_5252.jpg
    IMG_5252.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 152
From the flat of the base to top is 13"
Looks about 5.125" Base to hole, 5.250" Hole Diameter.
Also have come across the Follower Rest as well, yesterday.

I had recently purchased a bunch of machining tools, and found this steady rest in behind a lathe, but it was missing the 3 supports and adjusters.
This old steady rest I believe is from a Colchester Student Roundhead? Check Pictures,
Today, I found the three supports and the adjusters, so I cleaned it all up and it is complete less the brass or plastic wear pieces.
Asking $75.00 CAD for it plus shipping.
Thank you,

I'm interested, but it looks like the locating detail has been machined off the mounting surface. Could you please confirm if the "Vee" and flat details are still there?
Thanks.
.. Gregg

Yes I'm gonna pass as I think it is for a 15" colchester, and I was looking for a 13" . Sorry for just now getting back. Mike

I'm interested, but it looks like the locating detail has been machined off the mounting surface. Could you please confirm if the "Vee" and flat details are still there?
Thanks.
.. Gregg
It doesn't appear modified in any way. Between the flat surface and Vee, it is "as cast".
Is there any way to confirm this is Colchester 100 %? I only say this because I found reference to what I have with a picture seen on google.
Just want to be sure what we have here is what you are looking for.
Thank you
Eric

IMG_5267.jpgIMG_5271.jpg

Back