What's new
What's new

FS: Colman Gear Hobs, Never Used, But Abused

wheels17

Stainless
We had another interesting donation at the used tool store.

Six Colman gear hobs, 32DP, 20 degree pressure angle, hobs for 13,14,15,16,17, and 18 tooth gears. These hobs were never used. But they were stored terribly and the non-coated areas have varying levels of significant rust. The working surfaces of the hobs are 99.9% rust free.

Typical labeling is BCCO ASP30 CL.AA 32 D.P. 20° P.A. L.A. 0° 44' 1.25" bore.

attachment.php

I don't know if these are beyond saving, or would be of some use to somebody. I know that they will not sell at our store and will be discarded if no one is here interested. If you are interested, please PM me.

I can ship them in a flat rate box. I'll donate the shipping. A donation to the Tool Thrift Shop, 122 Fairport Village Landing, Fairport, NY 14450 would be appreciated if you take them.

One side
attachment.php

The other side
attachment.php

Typical Faces
attachment.php

I despise rust.

We had another interesting donation at the used tool store.

Six Colman gear hobs, 32DP, 20 degree pressure angle, hobs for 13,14,15,16,17, and 18 tooth gears.
Nice score, Mill, but I'm wondering where Mr Wheels got the idea these are for 13 14 15 teeth etc ? Hobs work for any number of teeth.

edit: ah, now the photos show up, I see they are marked with those numbers. No, not for x number of teeth. Someone marked the hobs with numbers for some reason, but it has nothing to do with the # of teeth they cut. Hobs are not like space cutters.

Sold! So to speak.

I'm just showing my ignorance. They are labeled BCCO ASP30 CL.AA 32 D.P. 20° P.A. L.A. 0° 44' and then 13,14,15.... Maybe it's a sequence number or something.

That's a cool store wheels. About an hour from me, I'll have to check it out someday.

Back